User Info Menu

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on the forum too much recently, life's been hectic. But I wanted to share a video I clipped together from some of the free June study materials I put together for our Melodic Triads Study Group... specifically looking at the 13b9.

-Ear Training
    -Application to standards
    -Theory
    -Piano construction -> guitar voicings
    -Melodic improv ideas

The pdf and other videos go into much deeper topics - smaller more clustered voicings, other melodic tension notes, liquid harmony, melodic triad bebop scales, triad pairs, "quadratonic" pairs, arpeggios, and different layers of tension possible within this tonality to learn to use all 12 notes of the chromatic scale harmonically and melodically for this chord.

But this video and the first chapter of the pdf covers the fundamentals of getting started with our ears, theory, and the basic harmonic and melodic concepts for taking advantage of triads the way we do.

Thought some of you all might enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help clear up.

If you want to check out the rest of this month's videos (or whatever current videos are available for the study group) you can visit the link below:
    Melodic Triads Free Monthly Study Guide

Cheers
    --Jordan

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jordan, thank you so much for this very inspiring video. If I was in NY, I'd like to study with you, you are an amazing teacher. Leaving in Spain, I suscribed to your account on YouTube and in each one of your videos I discover new and very interesting things. I look forward to, hopefully, further material.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post
    Jordan, thank you so much for this very inspiring video. If I was in NY, I'd like to study with you, you are an amazing teacher. Leaving in Spain, I suscribed to your account on YouTube and in each one of your videos I discover new and very interesting things. I look forward to, hopefully, further material.
    Hey thanks for watching it. Glad you found it inspiring. I am starting to try and get more stuff up on YouTube as that and instagram seems to be where all the action is happening these days. But I do have a bunch of resources on our website as well if you ever want to check them out. Lots of free stuff as well as other options that can help go more in-depth for those who want to dig a little deeper. Feel free to hit me up anytime if you have questions about the material or the site.

User Info Menu

Thanks again, Jordan.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post
    Thanks again, Jordan.

All the best.
    Sure thing, P.

User Info Menu

When you described the 13b9 chord as "Romantic", I was thinking you are referring to a dominant chord that sounds like it came from the Romantic Period. Then you clarified "Romantic" as ballroom dancing and rumba (romancing with your mate)!!!