The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    Triads across and along the fretboard?

William Leavitt, Volume 2

For open voicings and "melodization" (lead lines on top of voicings) look to Volume 3.
    Yes - Volumes 1, 2, 3. Use the Table of Contents, and jump around to the pages where TRIADS are taught.

The fastest way I know of learning triads all over the neck, all four types, is Chris Buono's "Guitar Gym" at Truefire.com: https://truefire.com/search/?q=Guita...m%20-%20triads

Really, this is great, imo. He has you hybrid pick, or strum, or fingerpick the triads, on all string sets, and up and back down the fingerboard. Buono may not direct you to do this, but using the "Play it & Say it" technique helps cement the triad names into memory. Make up games, etc., to drill the names/positions into yer brain. /// Actually, all of the Guitar Gym modules are awesome, I think.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

He has a book the very comprehensive.But very pragmatic and clear.Some of the charts here remind me of it.So if you want it in print check him out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    He has a book the very comprehensive.But very pragmatic and clear.Some of the charts here remind me of it.So if you want it in print check him out.
    Who are you referring to?

User Info Menu

David Deloach masterguitarist.com also on facebook but i rarely use FB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vashondan
    \

what's your experience with his teaching? what kind of jazz player is he? Is the material he posts linear in terms of learning.
    Tim is very helpful and very specific in his answers. He is a modern jazz/fusion player with an impeccable technique.
    The site is not very linear, there are courses (between 6 and 12 lessons) on different topics. These courses are linear but everything else is pretty much up to the user. Tim can point you in the right direction though.