The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Hi guys!

Do any of You have any diagrams, or descriptions what kind of 4th chords are built on blues, dominant bebop, and 1:2, 2:1 scales?

Thanks!

MrBlues

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This guy does a good job of reharmonizing blues and other scales/progressions with quartal harmony, pretty cool. I just bought the book and haven't dug into it, when I do I'll try to post something helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

User Info Menu

Try this over a jazz blues with changes in G... slide each pair over the G9 to G# 79b5 change, the last chord leading into the C9...

x5556x -> x6666x

x7778x -> x8888x

x10101011x -> x11111111x

x12121213x -> x13131313x

User Info Menu

Thanks really but I need something like that (on the above mentioned scales):

600 × 204A képek szerz?i jogi védelem alatt állhatnak További információ

User Info Menu

Write them out yourself you lazy oik

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Write them out yourself you lazy oik
    Yes, well, I am half-lazy, but in the other half I do not have time to do it right now, because besides family, and lot of work I now have plenty of exams in the university, not to mention the final exam, which will be a huge one on 21th january. Ok but I dont want to excuse myself, these are the facts, normally, I would do it myself.

I am not excepting You guys to write it for me, but if someone already did it, I would be very happy to share it with me.

Thats all. God Bless,

MrBlues
    Last edited by mrblues; 01-04-2019 at 06:17 AM.

User Info Menu

I feel bad now lol.

I don't think anything sticks unless you work it yourself. We don't always have time to work on music. I haven't practiced for about a week and a half.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I haven't practiced for about a week and a half.
    Lazy oik. One day, you notice. Two days, the band notices. Three days, EVERYBODY NOTICES!

the old ones are best

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Lazy oik. One day, you notice. Two days, the band notices. Three days, EVERYBODY NOTICES!

the old ones are best

Hi Ragman!

Its a long time since we met here! Are You ok?

User Info Menu

Dear Mr. Blues -

Hello to you too. I am very good, thank you, and I hope you are too. If so, that'll make two of us. Happy New Year!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Dear Mr. Blues -

Hello to you too. I am very good, thank you, and I hope you are too. If so, that'll make two of us. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year my friend!

User Info Menu

...what are model (1:2, 2:1) scales?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    ...what are model (1:2, 2:1) scales?
    All scales are model scales, which dont exist naturally. MOdel scales are: 2:1 = whole-half, 1:2 = half-whole, 2:2 wholetone etc...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrblues
    All scales are model scales, which dont exist naturally. MOdel scales are: 2:1 = whole-half, 1:2 = half-whole, 2:2 wholetone etc...
    Not sure what you mean by "All scales are model scales, which don't exist naturally".

Those 2:1 and 1:2 scales (WH and HW) are diminished scales.

So the major scale would be (2W) H : W : (2W) H ?

User Info Menu

I love haiku threads!