The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah
    if we have (and are used to) many major tunes that use this turnaround then our hearing get used it and does not take this minor cadence quality even when it is abstracted from real context...
    I know what you're saying but, even so, you're still making far too complicated. You're all theory. Look at all the 'if's' you have used - if this, if that. It's not 'if', it's what you have in front of you at the time.

In any case, read what you've written above. You've answered your own question :-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    I know what you're saying but, even so, you're still making far too complicated. You're all theory. Look at all the 'if's' you have used - if this, if that. It's not 'if', it's what you have in front of you at the time.

In any case, read what you've written above. You've answered your own question :-)
    I am very practical as musician... i am actually being criticized often in real life for this practicality (especially in classical world)

Theory for me is a living thing - not just a tool that works when it works, I respect thinking too.

You see... I understan that most on this forum only wants to know the thing as much as it can be applied to their playing - often regardless to the things behind.. it's ok.
    But since the thread is called (not practice) - I try to go to the very essence of the thing.

And all my 'if's' are there to make pciture more complete.

I have no problem even with answering my own questions - this is what a dicsusion is for.. I am not there ro make statements and stubbornly follow them... it's neverending travel

I do not like when complex things are represented simple. They are not simple.

It remids my friend who asked me at a jazz club: Do they invent a solo right now? Did they learn it?
    I say: well you know..
    He interrupts: No, do not make it complex... just say yes or no...

But most things in life are not yes or no, they are complex.. the simple things are oonly good and eveil that's where you should not hesitate with yes or no.

All the rest is the world that waits for us to overcomplicate it)))

Anyway I am going out of this dicussion now... no disrespect, in case you have any interest in it you can write to me privately. If not - no problem for me too)

User Info Menu

Then you must work it out, I guess :-)