The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 177 of 177

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Such a great post BTW. As always, there is no top to the mountain, just the climb.
    Thanks.

And now it's back to MY reality: playing the subway wherein 95% of people will be so lost in their digital reveries as to not notice me. Yesterday I stayed down there for 5 hours---playing and repeating Tomorrow, I Just Called to Say I Love You, etc.---to make $40 (in fairness, I DID sell one CD). I SWEAR I'd rather they HATED my music than to consider me a slab of wood as they do----that would indicate a real human with real feelings. Every once in a while I get a quizzical glance from an under-40---as in 'WTF is THIS dinosaur doing? Then they slither away---at typical NY speed---going nowhere in a hurry.

I guess the world has passed me by. But I'm not going there (though I just did). Gonna keep my chin up and do it. AGAIN...
    Last edited by fasstrack; 02-18-2017 at 11:02 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Don't understand that one.

Mike McKoy? Oh, I knew him quite well. I used to turn up at his gigs and chat outside the caff in the Brighton Lanes. Nice player. He was up at the Uni then. Last I heard, many moons ago, he'd made a CD that won an award. Something like that.

You're not him, are you? Can't tell from your vid but the voice is vaguely familiar possibly. I think he/you wore big glasses in those days, could be wrong.

Nice version, btw.