Beginning, Middle, End

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I was rather reminded of a line or two of Byron:

'And Coleridge, too, has lately taken wing,
    But like a hawk encumber'd with his hood,
    Explaining Metaphysics to the nation—
    I wish he would explain his Explanation.'

But actually this is very nicely distilled. Of course, the question is, what do with these scales?
    Dont take it too seriously, just mess around with them, like Takemitsu did here, applying the LCC concepts to the Dorian mode, cooking up his own Dorian Diminished (023569A) and Dorian Augmented scale (024589A):

dont see how the LCC helps on standards though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BWV
    Dont take it too seriously, just mess around with them, like Takemitsu did here, applying the LCC concepts to the Dorian mode, cooking up his own Dorian Diminished (023569A) and Dorian Augmented scale (024589A):

dont see how the LCC helps on standards though
    Well it’s not meant to help with that I don’t think. I think it’s meant to offer resources.

The context I think players in the post-Aebersold world like me didn’t quite get when starting out

- theory used to be resources for improvisers who could already play jazz

- now, people expect theory to explain and teach jazz

User Info Menu

LLC Some great things within the system, some UNEXPLAINED truths, use as you hear/will or dont use.

If you dont know what it is, it really does not matter, Bill Evans was just one who did, Wes i dont think used/knew. Charlie Christian never gave a flying Fook about it. nor did Parker or Bud.