Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 24 of 24
    Scott McGill Outside Pentatonics Lesson!!!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield View Post
    Yeah, that was the one I was referring to in that post I made yesterday, wherever it is.

To each his own I would sure like to hear you play.

Here is a guitarist Robben Ford said in his Beato interview is one of his favorites. The other one used to play for Tower of Power. They both use outside tonalities to make their solos more interesting.

when I right click paste is not coming up

User Info Menu

Probably means you didn’t actually copy anything to begin with?

i go to yt and go to share and right click it turns blue then i click copy i come back to jgo and r click reply but i see no paste what am i doing wrong

I started the latest Wes Mo Bio and ordered it in paperback and finished the Phil Wood Auto-Bio its pretty good.

is anyone up right now who can help me post videos from yt to jgo

User Info Menu

Steve, it’s difficult for anyone to know what you are doing wrong. I can only repeat what I told you before, you have to follow these steps exactly or it won’t work. I suggest you print this out or write it down for future reference:

Go to the youtube page of the video you want, then Left Click on the SHARE option underneath the video.

It will display a link. Left Click on the COPY option which appears to the right of the link.

Create a post here on the forum (e.g. Left Click on the Reply option).

Where you want the video to appear in the the post, RIGHT Click, and select Paste. This will paste the youtube link code here.

Submit the post and the youtube video will appear in the post.

User Info Menu

i enjoy this channel:

Here is the Sons Live

the Sons live with Terry Haggarty

sons live

I am doing Exactly what I have written down and can not get the word PASTE to come up What AM I Doing Wrong?

the Sons live with Terry Haggarty

the live sons

the sons live
    the Sons Live

Ive made a telephone date for next monday to learn how to post. I am doing EXACTLY what have written down and cannot get the word PASTE to come up no matter what I do. Its great to be in the company of so many gifted teachers.

User Info Menu

the sons live
    the Sons Live
    Actually you managed to post some kind of youtube link in this post, so you must have got it to paste somehow. However it had no preview window, and the link went to Scott McGill playing Prelude to a Kiss.

I have no idea what you are doing wrong, sorry!

I’m not doing much today, maybe I’ll try and do some screenshots showing the whole process.

User Info Menu

Here's the whole process. (I picked a Scott McGill video at random to demonstrate.)

1) On the youtube video, left click the SHARE option:

Scott McGill Outside Pentatonics Lesson!!!-pic1-jpg

2) Left click on the word COPY - the link turns blue and a message appears saying 'Link copied to clipboard':

Scott McGill Outside Pentatonics Lesson!!!-pic2-jpg

3) Create your post on JGO, e.g. left click on the Reply option:

Scott McGill Outside Pentatonics Lesson!!!-pic3-jpg

4) In the post, Right Click, and a menu including PASTE should appear:

Scott McGill Outside Pentatonics Lesson!!!-pic4-jpg

5) Left click on the 'Paste' option, and it will paste the code for the youtube link into the post, as below. Then Submit the post. The youtube video will appear once the post has been submitted.

Scott McGill Outside Pentatonics Lesson!!!-pic5-jpg

User Info Menu

Ive made a telephone date for next monday to learn how to post. I am doing EXACTLY what have written down and cannot get the word PASTE to come up no matter what I do. Its great to be in the company of so many gifted teachers.
    As the op for this thread your first post indicates that you successfully put a video into the post. Why you can't do that again I don't know, but when I do it I don't use the "share" method.

I pull up the video in youtube
    then select the URL address
    then copy the URL address
    switch to the post I'm composing
    click the "insert video" icon
    paste the URL into the pop up box
    click "OK"

User Info Menu

To each his own I would sure like to hear you play.
    I was referring to which section my post was in, not his playing, which I find fascinating. I don't know how he achieved so much speed using the Sandole technique of stiff wrist and forearm picking. When I tried that, I developed severe pain in my lower back shoulder.