Hi everyone,

given that human interactions are reduced to a minimum due to lockdown restrictions, and that jazz is essentially a social music, I was wondering if anyone of you would be interested in playing together on JamKazam, or at least give it a try.

I live in the UK. I've been playing guitar for 30 odd years, mainly Chicago blues, and I have been learning jazz for the past 3. I am into swing era standards. I am not a fast player, but I am a quick learner. I have a 10-15 song repertoire that includes blues, ballads, and rhythm tunes.

I am available in the evenings during the week, and am quite flexible during weekends.

Cheers!
    Alessandro

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro77
    Hi everyone,

given that human interactions are reduced to a minimum due to lockdown restrictions, and that jazz is essentially a social music, I was wondering if anyone of you would be interested in playing together on JamKazam, or at least give it a try.

I live in the UK. I've been playing guitar for 30 odd years, mainly Chicago blues, and I have been learning jazz for the past 3. I am into swing era standards. I am not a fast player, but I am a quick learner. I have a 10-15 song repertoire that includes blues, ballads, and rhythm tunes.

I am available in the evenings during the week, and am quite flexible during weekends.

Cheers!
    Alessandro
    Hi Alessandro
    Just sign up, log in and either join an existing session or create a public one for others to join.

Jazz sessions fill quickly and there are many players keen to join in and share their experiences from all over the world.

I am based in Australia so time differences and internet lag can make playing with the UK problematic but I have managed a few good sessions and happy to catch up anytime our time on matches. My user name is shown as Mike Cardinal (Australia) look me up and send a friend request.

all the best and hope to catch you in a session soon.

Hi Mike,

thanks for the reply. I did sign up and join channels, but I was rather looking for ppl to play with on a more regular basis (weekly, or bi-weekly).

I will add your email on my contacts and hope to see you soon online!

Cheers,
    Alessandro

User Info Menu

Hi Mike,

thanks for the reply. I did sign up and join channels, but I was rather looking for ppl to play with on a more regular basis (weekly, or bi-weekly).

I will add your email on my contacts and hope to see you soon online!

Cheers,
    Alessandro
    Looking forward to it

User Info Menu

Hi Alessandro,

I live in San Francisco and have a similar playing/experience profile, but more pop/rock and newer to jazz. I’d love to work on swing standards. I don’t have access to PMs on this forum (yet? Just registered), but let’s figure out how to connect.

- Cameron

Hi everyone,

Cheers!
    Alessandro

User Info Menu

I'd give it a shot, oh wait. I misread that you were in Chicago.