Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

From a promotional email I received today. This is a hands down steal. No affiliation other than being a satisfied multi-year All Access subscriber.

Truefire deal-capture-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tried to resubscribe for a third time, but they insist on $129. My last renewal was $99. Have over $100 in Truefire Cash, but not a dime can seem to apply to the annual plan.

Guess I will hold off for now.

User Info Menu

Hm. Email customer service?

User Info Menu

...just the usual dezinformation... They hope more will click on the 99.99 deal, and after spent some time insite decide that the other deal is still good enough. Totally disappointing...

User Info Menu

Wow. Not my experience at all.
    Still a steal at $129, IMO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    Wow. Not my experience at all.
    Still a steal at $129, IMO.
    maybe it is my English... but if I understand you correctly you are happy with the price $129, so just demonstrated what I was talking about.

Btw I was not talking about the price, which is very good for the value you get, I was talking about the misleading behaviour. Why misleading with the $99.99 price, this is a total disappointing behaviour. My trust goes away. Like the restaurant rule is the toilet not clean enough, the kithen is in the same state... the owner is the same guy.
    Here: If they do not respect me, by misleading, they do not respect me in other contexts either...

User Info Menu

It worked for me, got it for $99. Send an email or open a chatbox, their shopping cart has buggy behavior.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    maybe it is my English... but if I understand you correctly you are happy with the price $129, so just demonstrated what I was talking about.

Btw I was not talking about the price, which is very good for the value you get, I was talking about the misleading behaviour. Why misleading with the $99.99 price, this is a total disappointing behaviour. My trust goes away. Like the restaurant rule is the toilet not clean enough, the kithen is in the same state... the owner is the same guy.
    Here: If they do not respect me, by misleading, they do not respect me in other contexts either...
    Maybe just some software programing error, or perhaps a problem with your browser or computer?
    Last edited by fep; 08-26-2020 at 01:36 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Maybe just some software programing error, or perhaps a problem with your browser or computer?
    Try reloading the page while holding down the Shift key. This forces reload of everything. It's possible that you are seeing stale info (wrong price) because your browser thinks its fresh.

You could also try a different browser.

HTH

SJ

User Info Menu

From a promotional email I received today. This is a hands down steal. No affiliation other than being a satisfied multi-year All Access subscriber.
    Thank you very much for sharing this info. I have been aware of TrueFire for some time but never really explored it. After looking over the course offerings and reading reviews and course recommendations here I went ahead with the All Access deal (and the code you shared worked fine for me - $99 for a year of access). I started right away with Sheryl Bailey's Bebob Dojo course. Very well done - and I'm able to download the sheet music that accompanies the lessons. I am very glad to add this to my learning resources.

User Info Menu

I have my Trufire courses that I am working through - enough to keep me busy for a couple of years, but this is interesting.

So our we saying that for just 100.00 I can have access to ANY course for one year? That means ANY course?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    I have my Trufire courses that I am working through - enough to keep me busy for a couple of years, but this is interesting.

So our we saying that for just 100.00 I can have access to ANY course for one year? That means ANY course?
    the couple years my subscription was active I could play any lesson. Also included in the subscription if a complimentary “lab” class each month that downloaded automatically: free to keep and work through forever. The other classes are not available when the subscription lapses.

I have enough complimentary classes to keep me busy this winter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    Yes. It's a tremendous value and practically a no-brainer if you can painlessly part with the dough.

User Info Menu

Truefire deal-capture-jpg

Wow, can't thank you enough!

I've had a basic free Truefire account for 10 yrs but haven't used it in a looong time. Bought a single lesson back in 2010, which I now see is still available in my account.

To obtain "all access" for a year for only US$99 is a tremendously good deal. As you rightfully say, "a no-brainer."

Your post here made the difference in my case. Now, it's on me ... let's see how much I actually learn as a result ;-)

User Info Menu

I really like the TrueFire courses, and gobble them up when they are on sale... and I have a lot of the courses that I bought on sale for $5. Probably a lifetime's worth. Just took a look, 65 courses, yikes...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I really like the TrueFire courses, and gobble them up when they are on sale... and I have a lot of the courses that I bought on sale for $5. Probably a lifetime's worth. Just took a look, 65 courses, yikes...
    I have around 20 or so myself.

In facing the truth about myself, I guess I am, or was what some deridingly call a Jazz book/DVD "whore." I bought up many lessons in my day. I did not stop until I realized that I could not chase every guitar genre and dream. (Money was also an issue as life crept in).

But, I digress. I have been very happy with most of my True Fire courses, especially the Blues courses, although I think the Jazz ones will really come in handy when I am ready to do the deep dive into them.

I hope I live to see that day...

User Info Menu

I had the All Access plan for a while and, to be honest, in my situation with day job and family stuff, I just couldn't reap the full benefit from it. Besides, I have plenty of stuff of theirs obtained through $5 sales and other discounts, which should last me a for a looong time.