User Info Menu

Looking for a jazz guitar teacher in Central NJ. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm in New Providence but I'm not sure if you would consider that Central NJ

User Info Menu

The great Vic Juris is in West Orange, NJ. Another great, Dave Stryker, lives across the street from him. Two great guys and monster players and teachers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbromusic
    I'm in New Providence but I'm not sure if you would consider that Central NJ
    That's absolutely Central NJ (which is a place). My teacher is around the corner in Chatham.

There are a lot of guitarists in the area that studied with Harry Leahey, it shouldn't be hard to find a teacher nearby.

User Info Menu

Hmm, Monmouth County, but I'm not that good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JGinNJ
    That's absolutely Central NJ (which is a place). My teacher is around the corner in Chatham.

There are a lot of guitarists in the area that studied with Harry Leahey, it shouldn't be hard to find a teacher nearby.

I've seen conflicting reports about Central Jersey. Nice to know I live there! :-)

Yes, I have students in Chatham, Warren, Morristown, Millburn/Short Hills, Mountainside, Summit, Scotch Plains, and as far out as Boonton and Montville. I know of a few teachers here locally but none of them are jazz musicians.

User Info Menu

A bit sad to read.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    A bit sad to read.....

Yes, very sad. R.I.P. Vic :-(