Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Its always nice to learn lessons from a guitarist who has a great knowledge of the instrument, but its completely different when you learn from someone who knows how to play great music.

I'd suggest Romain Pilon. Romain is a great musician who tours around the world, and, according to his website, he offers Skype lessons.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Since you want Skype I have assume your a intermediate or higher level guitarist. Just about everyone teaches via Skype so who are the guitarists that inspire you, email them for a lesson. Even if over your head so just the one lesson, getting to talk to someone you admire can light a fire in your belly.

Sid Jacobs is a excellent teacher he is one of MI Jazz guitar teachers and been teaching there for many years. TrueFire's Sherpa programs are a great deal and Sheryl Bailey is great teacher. Bruce Forman teaches via Skype. Pete Sklaroff I like the materials from his lessons he's posted on Facebook. Steve Herberman is great teacher. As I said most everyone teaches via Skype.
    No, I'm not going to give you the answer to your question. I don't want to deny you the pleasure you'll receive when you figure it out yourself. -- Bill Evans talking to his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by docbop View Post
    Since you want Skype I have assume your a intermediate or higher level guitarist. Just about everyone teaches via Skype so who are the guitarists that inspire you, email them for a lesson. Even if over your head so just the one lesson, getting to talk to someone you admire can light a fire in your belly.

Sid Jacobs is a excellent teacher he is one of MI Jazz guitar teachers and been teaching there for many years. TrueFire's Sherpa programs are a great deal and Sheryl Bailey is great teacher. Bruce Forman teaches via Skype. Pete Sklaroff I like the materials from his lessons he's posted on Facebook. Steve Herberman is great teacher. As I said most everyone teaches via Skype.
    Barry Greene too!

User Info Menu

Book Jordan Klemons, can't recommend him enough!

Skype with Jordan - Book Now

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash View Post
    Can anyone recommend a guitar teacher through Skype? Matt Warnock and Terence Wright appear to be fully booked. ...early intermediate level in jazz...

Thank you,

Tom W.
    i do skype lessons. You can check my work out at Sheets of Sound for Guitar or Jack Zucker
    - YouTube

User Info Menu

I took skype lessons from Pete Sklaroff, I thought he was a great teacher.

GUITAR TUITION - with Pete Sklaroff
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep View Post
    I took skype lessons from Pete Sklaroff, I thought he was a great teacher.

Thanks Frank!...I really appreciate the very kind words and I recall you were a great student/player too! :-)

I have a new website here if any one is interested in some Skype jazz guitar lessons...

Thanks

Pete

User Info Menu

Thanks for your kind words about my FB lessons...really appreciate it.

Pete :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yaclaus View Post
    Book Jordan Klemons, can't recommend him enough!

Skype with Jordan - Book Now
    Thanks Claus! It's kind of unfair though. Easy to seem like a good teacher when you have students like yourself that are super committed and curious and willing to think outside the box and push themselves. Always a pleasure!

Tom... whichever way you go... best of luck. There's plenty of great players and teachers on the forum and on the internet in general. Feel free to check out any of the free lessons I've been posting recently over at www.NYCJazzGuitarMasterclasses.com and hit me up if there's ever anything I can do to help out and support you or if you have questions.

Looking forward to hearing some audio and video of you as you continue progressing!
    Best,
    j (the annoying guy that won't shut up about triads haha)

User Info Menu

Barry Greene does Skype lessons, he's probably as good as you'll get unless you study with Tony DeCaprio. If I was to start studying again I would try to find someone of that caliber to spend my money on.

Check out his website

Barry Greene

Cheers,
    Arnie..

User Info Menu

I've done some Skype lessons with Bruce Arnold that were quite good. I'm on his mailing list and noticed that he is taking some new students at a lower price for a limited time. So now might be a good time to check him out. I think he takes musicians at any level/style but from lessons with him I know he expects you to work because he had me working my tail off. He's taught at most major music schools and it's obvious from his website muse-eek.com that he is seriously into teaching. I think the main thing I appreciated about him was it wasn't just guitar lessons he covered theory, ear training, sight reading, time etc... Really tried to raise my musicianship all around. By the way he studied with guru Charlie Banacos so you get that lineage too. He actually has a Music Genealogy chart on his website to show many of the people that have studied with Charlie. Pretty interesting I thought

User Info Menu

Randy Vincent is the most generous instructor I've ever studied with. I've gone to his home before but now I enjoy the Skype lessons. Some of his students are very impressive. Julian Lage &c.

User Info Menu

Thank you for this referral. I will follow-up with him today.

Regards,

Tom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arnie65 View Post
    Barry Greene does Skype lessons, he's probably as good as you'll get unless you study with Tony DeCaprio. If I was to start studying again I would try to find someone of that caliber to spend my money on.

Check out his website

Barry Greene

Cheers,
    Arnie..
    I just learned tha DeCaprio is living in SoCal right now. Anybody know where we can see him playing?
    Tx
    pf

User Info Menu

Sid is great teacher!!.