Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Hi all!

I'm looking for any information regarding Jazz Guitar workshops taking place during May-June somewhere in the Europe (this time I'm living on south of France). Will be thankful for any information because what I've found was only in the USA.

Regards,

Gleb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Funny you should say that!.
    I am looking for the same in NYC in July. Was supposed to go last year but an unscheduled minor operation forced me to cancel.

User Info Menu

In USA to find such event is not such tricky- e.g have a look Register - Jamey Aebersold's® Summer Jazz Workshops
    But I've not seen something in Central Europe.

Regards,

Gleb

User Info Menu

The next North Wales Jazz guitar weekend is 15-17th May. Guest tutors this time are Larry Coryell, Phil Robson and Adrian Ingram.
    Details: North Wales Jazz

London Jazz Guitar Society:
    www.meetup.com/londonjazzguitarsociety
    LJGS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LDNJazzGuitar

User Info Menu

Well, the New School holds one in Italy, and Manhattan School of Music collaborates with a university in the Netherlands. they could be options?

User Info Menu

yes both options are interesting. Are you know something about some workshops in these places?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    The next North Wales Jazz guitar weekend is 15-17th May. Guest tutors this time are Larry Coryell, Phil Robson and Adrian Ingram.
    Details: North Wales Jazz
    thanks so much- it's interesting!
    could you tell me- are there international airports near Wrexham?

User Info Menu

Wrexham is about 45 miles from Manchester and 25 miles from Liverpool - both have international airports.

London Jazz Guitar Society:
    www.meetup.com/londonjazzguitarsociety
    LJGS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LDNJazzGuitar

User Info Menu

Thanks again for the details!
    I've been very interested in the participation of the workshop including its full weekend program taking into account that Liverpool is very close to Nice where I'm living now. Some additional question:
    how total payment should be made and when the deadline (I've found only pdf form which should to fill)?
    where is possible to find some details about accommodation in
    Wrexham during the workshop days?
    Should I bring with me my guitar?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzism View Post
    Funny you should say that!.
    I am looking for the same in NYC in July. Was supposed to go last year but an unscheduled minor operation forced me to cancel.
    July 30 - Aug 2: Summer Clinic - Guitar Intensive. - New York Jazz Workshop

User Info Menu

have a look at this
    there's jazz summer schools listed in the 'here' link

Jazz in London - January

not just london , euro locations too

User Info Menu

Yes, had signed up for this last year. Considering to go this time. I mean, Vic Juris? He seems to be teaching everywhere in NYC. Was thinking NYU but it's expensive and not being american I can't do it on a tourist visa. need to apply for student visa. Seems a bit of a pain in the ass to organise.

User Info Menu

I am also thinking about going to this. Question is whether $600 is better invested in a few days at the beach? Let me know if you sign up.
    "if only the best singing bird was allowed to sing in the forest, think how silent the woods would be"?

User Info Menu

This is maybe worth checking out.
    master class | Festival Internazionale del Jazz della Spezia
    From July 2 to 4.
    Damn cheap (140 euros if you enroll by the end of April) and the concerts are included.
    The guitar instructor is no less than Peter Bernstein.

La Spezia, Italy, lies within easy reach from Nice. Only (major) drawback could be the language barrier.
    They don't even have an English version of their website.

User Info Menu

well, i doubt that Peter Bernstein speaks fluent Italian. I could be wrong. The price is right.
    "if only the best singing bird was allowed to sing in the forest, think how silent the woods would be"?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by richb2 View Post
    well, i doubt that Peter Bernstein speaks fluent Italian. I could be wrong.
    Good point

I was referring to possible difficulties in getting in touch with the management, but they've been doing this for years so I guess that the communication with the tutors and foreigns students is not a problem.