Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

I have been drifting along without a teacher for several years. I would like to go back to taking a regular weekly lesson. Do those of you who are teachers offer long distance lessons?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There are lots of online "institutes" (e.g. Jimmy Bruno, Andreas Oberg, Martin Taylor, Rich Severson, Robert Conti) as well as private instructors. I don't know if any of the guys here who are instructors do private online lessons or not.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe b View Post
    I have been drifting along without a teacher for several years. I would like to go back to taking a regular weekly lesson. Do those of you who are teachers offer long distance lessons?
    Matt Warnock (forum member 'm78w') offers skype lessons. Here is his site:

MattWarnock - Home

I've taken some lessons from him and really enjoyed them!

User Info Menu

Jimmy Bruno's Guitar Workshop opens up again in March 25th, Definitely worth a look.

User Info Menu

I've been thinking about doing Skype lessons also but then why would someone take skype lessons from someone when they could just do Bruno's website instead which from all accounts I've heard is pretty awesome.
    Jake Hanlon - Jazz Guitarist, Composer and Educator
    Website - Buy Music - Youtube - STFXU

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Hanlon View Post
    I've been thinking about doing Skype lessons also but then why would someone take skype lessons from someone when they could just do Bruno's website instead which from all accounts I've heard is pretty awesome.
    Because with a Skype lesson, you get feedback in milliseconds, not in days.

User Info Menu

I did a Skype lesson for someone once and it works surprisingly well. The question now would be: Skype announced the other day that they would start carrying advertising. How intrusive would the ads be?
    Last edited by Banksia; 03-09-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: coz I felt like it! So there!

You could always do google video chat, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe b View Post
    I offer correspondence lessons.

I taught guitar at Berklee for 25 years, and now I teach a few students via correspondence lessons. Take a look around my web site, http://www.frogstoryrecords.com, and see if what I teach might be of interest to you. You can learn about how my correspondence lessons work here:
    http://frogstoryrecords.com/

If you are interested in correspondence lessons, you can email me, using the Email Steve link on my site.

Steve

User Info Menu

JB's site IS awesome (or was/will be awesome ) for what it is. You can do a lot of private study there and you can send in videos for him to give a brief critique. However, I think skype lessons would be more valuable overall, as you'd get 1:1 advice and immediate feedback. I'd say go for it! I'm sure there'd be lots of takers.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Skype lessons work great imo.

Bruno's site is great but it's not the same as having one on one real time interaction with a teacher who is tailoring lessons to your individual needs.