The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Arrangement by Barry Galbraith. Fun one to learn! tricky in places (for me).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice job!

And less important, but also thanks for not filming the "giant hand turning the recording device on and off" thing.

User Info Menu

it's nice seeing young folks still playing Barry's arrangements after all these years.
    oh, and as our late friend citizenk used to say....
    to the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzjourney4Eva
    Very nice job!

And less important, but also thanks for not filming the "giant hand turning the recording device on and off" thing.
    Haha that was a close call ?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    it's nice seeing young folks still playing Barry's arrangements after all these years.
    to the forum...
    Thank you ! I don't even know how I found out about them but they're incredible (also an incredible workout, for me....)
    Hope you have a nice day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    to the forum...
    People think that BG was just a studio player who could sight read anything put in front of him like Tommy Tedesco, but he also studied composition with George Russell, hired the best jazz arrangers for his one album, helped design the B-120 with Jimmy D'Aquisto and Roger Borys, and transcribed Tal Farlow solos for his students.

User Info Menu

Great job !! You play that well.

User Info Menu

Sounds great!

User Info Menu

Nice.

User Info Menu

Really nice playing of a beautiful arrangement. Barry was one of the best, no question. You are in good company, Ahab!