The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Our standard for Apr 2023 will be Everything Happens to Me (Matt Dennis, Thomas Adair, 1941).

Background:
    Jazz Standards Songs and Instrumentals (Everything Happens to Me)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Last edited by ragman1; 04-09-2023 at 12:13 AM. Reason: too loud

User Info Menu

I couldn't find a simple backing track and didn't have time to make one, so I used the first one I found on YT. It's too long, too (about 9:45), so I faded it at a hair under 5 minutes. Where's Mr Sunny Bass when I need him??? This is from today's practice session:

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This is a very nice jazz ballad.The most important thing for me is to play the theme properly and feel the atmosphere of the tune. Few notes - a lot of music. This is the recipe for playing ballads.You have to play as if you were singing.

Box

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    I couldn't find a simple backing track and didn't have time to make one, so I used the first one I found on YT. It's too long, too (about 9:45), so I faded it at a hair under 5 minutes. Where's Mr Sunny Bass when I need him??? This is from today's practice session:

Very nice recording.
    Great guitar sound.I like intro and your playing.
    Very accurate sense of the atmosphere of the ballad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Very nice recording.
    Great guitar sound.I like intro and your playing.
    Very accurate sense of the atmosphere of the ballad.
    Thanks, Kris! That’s my 16” Eastman Jazz Elite with a set KA 14 pole HW HB through the Blu 6 (mic’ed, not direct). The Blu puts out a very rich and satisfying jazz tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit

Great guitar tone! Interesting to listen to, thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    This is a very nice jazz ballad.The most important thing for me is to play the theme properly and feel the atmosphere of the tune. Few notes - a lot of music. This is the recipe for playing ballads.You have to play as if you were singing.

Box
    Real nice spontaneous improv. Fun to listen to.

User Info Menu