The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Our standard for Mar 2023 will be My Old Flame (Sam Coslow, Arthur Johnston, 1934).

Background:
    Jazz Standards Songs and Instrumentals (My Old Flame)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Not bad, Jimmy, nice playing. It's difficult to record, isn't it? You've got the bass/treble balance sorted out, it's much better. Or was that on videos? Maybe videos, I think.

(I do have a criticism if you want it... you could ask Tony Monaco about it too, see what he says)

User Info Menu

Thx. Yes, it's tough to record. I got tired of faffing with the daw. This is my lil blue snowball into voice recorder. The video camera has better quality sound but then it's a dumb video. I dunno what to do lol. What is your criticism?

User Info Menu

See PM.

User Info Menu

I decided to test out the capacitor trick used to darken the tone of a Quilter Superblock US and discussed in this thread. I needed to play a tune for each run, so I decided to use My Old Flame and kill two birds with one stone. This is the baseline recording through the stock SBUS with all EQ flat:

User Info Menu

This might be one of the most boring songs I've recorded. Or maybe it's the way I play 'em.

How I did it was plug the Squigebuntle into the fluzzle bok, having previously dramatized a mifd23 by several 6X without which, as we know, nothing works at all. That was then lomed by the ORJ. At which point it still sounded dreadful but no worse than anything else I've done. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Talk about a procrastinator. Just getting this in a few hours before the end of the month!

Just one time through here, mostly melody.