The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Does the world need yet another solo guitar rendition of this great standard from 1942? I think this is a timeless platform for improvisation, it never gets old for me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I always love the sounds of the unexpected, the fresh and natural feel of your guitar and you. That was a beautiful reading. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    I always love the sounds of the unexpected, the fresh and natural feel of your guitar and you. That was a beautiful reading. Thank you.
    Thank you! I really appreciate how travelled your ears have been, David, and that I could still surprise is most gratifying.

User Info Menu

Great playing!

(wish you did not do the microphone on the guitar itself, the squeaks and buzzes that it picks up are disproportionally loud in my headphones, distracts from otherwise stellar performance)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by burchyk
    Great playing!

(wish you did not do the microphone on the guitar itself, the squeaks and buzzes that it picks up are disproportionally loud in my headphones, distracts from otherwise stellar performance)
    Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the performance-that’s the main thing for me after all. The mike on the guitar is very slight in the mix (20% tops) but it does capture those string sounds as noted, the intent being to have a natural representation of this acoustic instrument. To my ear, the recording faithfully sounds like the guitar in the room, though of course that might not be everyone’s cup of tea. I really do appreciate feedback.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the performance-that’s the main thing for me after all. The mike on the guitar is very slight in the mix (20% tops) but it does capture those string sounds as noted, the intent being to have a natural representation of this acoustic instrument. To my ear, the recording faithfully sounds like the guitar in the room, though of course that might not be everyone’s cup of tea. I really do appreciate feedback.
    Have you compared the sound of a good stereo mic about 5 feet away? I use a Neumann USM69, it's a one point stereo mic with twin U67 elements, variable polar patterns and rotatable heads.
    I do happen to love the sound you get. My sensibility has always been "the sound in the room is made up of more than what I'm recording" so air is what I hear. It helps a lot to have a good mic that can hear 'air'.

Let me know if you'd ever like to borrow/try my USM69, I happen to have a second live unit that's not being used at the moment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Have you compared the sound of a good stereo mic about 5 feet away? I use a Neumann USM69, it's a one point stereo mic with twin U67 elements, variable polar patterns and rotatable heads.
    I do happen to love the sound you get. My sensibility has always been "the sound in the room is made up of more than what I'm recording" so air is what I hear. It helps a lot to have a good mic that can hear 'air'.

Let me know if you'd ever like to borrow/try my USM69, I happen to have a second live unit that's not being used at the moment.
    my fear in borrowing a $6,000 microphone isn’t that I’d damage or lose it, but that I’d love it so much as to be unable t live without it. And then what would I do??

User Info Menu

I love it!

User Info Menu

There's always room for another version of the ram's lament. Beautiful playing and tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    There's always room for another version of the ram's lament. Beautiful playing and tone.
    ah yes, the lonely ram…

User Info Menu

I absolutely love it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veejazz
    I absolutely love it!
    thanks very much for listening!