The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi All,

I keep on learning more standards in the hope of playing some kind of live event some day.
    This one is quite an easy one, but it has a a long improvisation section in the middle.
    It's quite fun to follow the semi-tone change and bring the solo up and down at the right time
    I really appreciate how much this track swings, a real pleasure to play!
    Tell me what you think

I'm playing on a great backing track from M2, you can find the link in my youtube video.

Cheers,

Luc

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I like the tune.
    I like that guitar.
    I like the tone.
    Good Stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by lucky one
    Hi All,

I keep on learning more standards in the hope of playing some kind of live event some day.
    This one is quite an easy one, but it has a a long improvisation section in the middle.
    It's quite fun to follow the semi-tone change and bring the solo up and down at the right time
    I really appreciate how much this track swings, a real pleasure to play!
    Tell me what you think

I'm playing on a great backing track from M2, you can find the link in my youtube video.

Cheers,

Luc

User Info Menu

Well done.

What model Gretsch is that?

User Info Menu

Many thanks Nick71!

darkwaters, this is a Gretsch G5420t (Azure Metallic). I was lucky with that one as it was sounding a lot better than the 5 other G5420t in that store

User Info Menu

Nice spank on that guitar. And quite the view you got there. Reminds me of the Hudson Valley in NY.

User Info Menu

Wow, that was a really enjoyable arrangement — well done, thanks for posting it

Love your recording, and the tone is simply lovely!!!
    You make this looks very easy!
    I love your playing.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rene

User Info Menu

Wow this is great. One of Davis's most melodic solos and one I've been meaning to learn for a long time

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    Nice spank on that guitar. And quite the view you got there. Reminds me of the Hudson Valley in NY.
    Thanks! It's funny that views in Belgium and United States could look similar

And thank you johngcole, Rene Asologuitar and veejazz for the nidce comments! I really appreciate your feedback !

Cheers,

Luc