The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Spontaneous arrangement.

User Info Menu

Spontaneous?!? As in improvised? Wow! But you have played this song many many times before in different ways I hope? (If not I will gave away all my guitars right now….. )

I really like it! Well done!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Spontaneous?!? As in improvised? Wow! But you have played this song many many times before in different ways I hope? (If not I will gave away all my guitars right now….. )

I really like it! Well done!
    Thanks man! I’ve played this song over the years mostly with singers but never solo until a couple of weeks ago when I just started working it in a few times a day. The into came completely off the cuff this morning and then the flow of the tune really just kind of happened. But that’s how I do everything- I don’t even try to play things the same way twice.

Spontaneous, wow!!!
    You are truly a gifted and very skilled guitarist!
    I love your videos, and you inspire people!!!
    Happy New Year!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Asologuitar
    Spontaneous, wow!!!
    You are truly a gifted and very skilled guitarist!
    I love your videos, and you inspire people!!!
    Happy New Year!
    With love and respect,
    Rene
    Your support and encouragement is appreciated! Thank you.

User Info Menu

Mark, i have loved this tune since hearing Les Paul and Mary Ford do it on the radio way back when. i have played it for years but never heard it reimagined this way, this beautifully, thoughtfully. If i can handle it, i'm going to try to emulate your arrangement. (with your permission of course)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stringmann
    Mark, i have loved this tune since hearing Les Paul and Mary Ford do it on the radio way back when. i have played it for years but never heard it reimagined this way, this beautifully, thoughtfully. If i can handle it, i'm going to try to emulate your arrangement. (with your permission of course)
    Hi StringMan (can I call you Sam?). Thanks for the highest flattery of stating the urge to emulate what I’m doing here. I don’t think in the history of jazz anyone has needed or sought permission to borrow, lift, copy or steal from another. Obviously original melodies of compositions have copyrights, but apart from commercial appropriation, I’ve always believed that our langue is open source. By all means have at it and I’d love to hear what you come up with.

User Info Menu

Sweet and beautiful. Thank you for another inspiring post!

Roli

User Info Menu

Not the Skid Row version, but still pretty good!