The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" is a classic hymn that holds out a promise of Christ's help for troubled souls. The words were first written by Helen Howarth Lemmel in 1918 and has been translated into many languages around the world.
    Originally published "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" in England in 1918.

Dedicated to St Mary Catholic Church, in Anacortes WA.
    And to all all troubled souls of our world, turn your eyes and hearts to Jesus!!!

Peace, Love, Hope, and Salvation to all peoples!!!

Feedback is much appreciated.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Amen!

Nicely sung and played brother! Lord bless!

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    Amen!

Nicely sung and played brother! Lord bless!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi DawgBone,
    Love your wonderful comments.
    Thank you so much!
    Blessings,
    Rene

User Info Menu

Wonderful! One of my favorite hymns. I have a soft spot for these oldies, always reminds me of my grandpa walking around the house whistling or humming, either a hymn like this or Louis Armstrong...often in Swedish or German. In fact, I can't listen to this without singing along.

"the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace" - I don't care what you believe, we all need more of the awe of things bigger than us to put the small things in perspective.

Feedback: simple arrangements allow the lyrics and vocals to stand out. I love it, shows some of the really cool subtleties of your voice and rhythm of the lines. Just a personal thing, I would probably throw a few more passing chords (dim or a few substitutions) or a slightly different progression one time through. Overall I like how it highlights your voice.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMColeman
    Wonderful! One of my favorite hymns. I have a soft spot for these oldies, always reminds me of my grandpa walking around the house whistling or humming, either a hymn like this or Louis Armstrong...often in Swedish or German. In fact, I can't listen to this without singing along.
    "the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace" - I don't care what you believe, we all need more of the awe of things bigger than us to put the small things in perspective.
    Feedback: simple arrangements allow the lyrics and vocals to stand out. I love it, shows some of the really cool subtleties of your voice and rhythm of the lines. Just a personal thing, I would probably throw a few more passing chords (dim or a few substitutions) or a slightly different progression one time through. Overall I like how it highlights your voice.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi Aaron,
    You are so appreciated, my friend!!!
    Me and my wife just recently recovered from Covid, and we were supposed to sing this song for Christmas Day Mass, as our Pastor requested this song for Meditation. Unfortunately, we were not able to be in the Christmas Mass celebration. I was in the middle of my Covid encounter when I recorded this video.
    What a lovely hymn, and truly timeless. Your words of "awe of things bigger" is really true and very humbling.
    I am still a student of the guitar, and that's another reason I wanted to be part of this forum, is the jazz infusion into my musicality. I love the diminished chords, and would like to incorporate 'em into my interpretations, and the slightly different progression would really shake things up for the "awe factor" as you suggested. I will remember these things as I progress - thank you so much!!!
    Rest In Peace to your Grandpa, and Blessings to your whole family for the New Year!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene