The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11
    John Weldon "J. J." Cale (December 5, 1938 – July 26, 2013) was an American guitarist, singer, songwriter and sound engineer. Though he avoided the limelight, his influence as a musical artist has been acknowledged by figures such as Mark Knopfler, Neil Young, Waylon Jennings, and Eric Clapton, who described him as "one of the most important artists in the history of rock". He is one of the originators of the Tulsa sound, a loose genre drawing on blues, rockabilly, country, and jazz.

This song is dedicated to all guitar players and songwriters.
    A song as simple as this is pure beauty and truly majestic.

Hope, Peace and Love to all peoples.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thank you Rene! Beautiful singing as usual!

User Info Menu

Very nice Rene! Haven't heard JJ in a while. Thanks for reminding me of him.

User Info Menu

One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite composers/performers. We've been doing Cale songs since the '70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Laro
    Thank you Rene! Beautiful singing as usual!
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi Laro,
    You are so awesome, and so appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

Quote Originally Posted by Archtop Guy
    Very nice Rene! Haven't heard JJ in a while. Thanks for reminding me of him.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I am so glad to hear from you, Archtop Guy!!!
    You are so awesome!!!
    Thank you!
    With respect,
    Rene

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite composers/performers. We've been doing Cale songs since the '70s.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    Love your great feedback!
    Love all his work, and this one is special, very emotional!
    Thank you, citizenk74!!!
    Warm regards,
    Rene

[John Weldon "J. J." Cale (December 5, 1938 – July 26, 2013) was an American guitarist, singer, songwriter and sound engineer. Though he avoided the limelight, his influence as a musical artist has been acknowledged by figures such as Mark Knopfler, Neil Young, Waylon Jennings, and Eric Clapton, who described him as "one of the most important artists in the history of rock".
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

Thank you so much for your support, @lammie200 !!!
    You are so awesome, and so appreciated!
    Stay well, and keep healthy.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

User Info Menu

Very nice, have not heard that tune in a long time.

User Info Menu

Really nice, Rene. The power of simplicity cuts across genres. Thanks for posting. Whenever I hear those major 7th it takes me right back to being 17 when Ventura Highway seemed to play on the radio every few hours.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AndyV
    Whenever I hear those major 7th it takes me right back to being 17 when Ventura Highway seemed to play on the radio every few hours.
    yeah seems like 1972 was peak major 7th chord, even Zeppelin was playing them. Think they got more expensive like everything else in the 70s after the Yom Kippur War and the Arab Oil Embargo