The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

hello! how are you ? I have a gig on Saturday and I would like to pay a little tribute to Jim by playing the opening chords of this version. The problem is that I'm on a trip -without a guitar ?and I arrive on Friday. Does anyone know the intro or the chords? So at least I'm imagining it? Thanks and sorry my english!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You mean the F sus to Ab sus? I'd play it on the 2nd to 4th strings. It's voiced 1 4 5. You could also see it as a C7/F to Eb7/Ab with the 11 in the bass. The nice thing about chords in 4ths is the way they can be defined in different ways.
    Hope this helps, or at least doesn't confuse things.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note

You mean the F sus to Ab sus? I'd play it on the 2nd to 4th strings. It's voiced 1 4 5. You could also see it as a C7/F to Eb7/Ab with the 11 in the bass. The nice thing about chords in 4ths is the way they can be defined in different ways.
    Hope this helps, or at least doesn't confuse things.
    wow you’ re a Genius when I ll return home I ll try in my guitar. You re Mega!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Arnesto
    wow you’ re a Genius when I ll return home I ll try in my guitar. You re Mega!
    Ha ha. No genius. I got that chord from Mel Bay 1,000,001 chords and I could never figure out how to use it. I've waited all my life for you to ask that question, so thank YOU!

User Info Menu

its a C pedal and Jim is playing G and C double stops to Bb and Eb double stops. Inspired by the Dexter Gordon version with the Bud Powell Trio.