The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

did you leave the orig intro out on purpose?
    just curious

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    did you leave the orig intro out on purpose?
    just curious
    . I put it near the end (around 3:15) before going into a cadenza. That way I could do my own open introduction while recycling the original material.

User Info Menu

I hear that, and I like it! (voice from the void)

Video: it makes a big difference to me to see another actual POV instead of just zoomed in views of the same POV. It feels better. It's more interesting. I notice right away. The zoomed views are a bit flat in comparison. Which, or course, they would be due to lens compression. I wouldn't mind seeing some very different angles, with the camera at different distances.

Gotta say though, I feel like you're right at the edge of cluttering and distracting from the performance. Your playing and your personal presentation seems to ask for a level of stillness. To my way of viewing you could easily overdo it with too many montages and cuts. The video needs the same kind of flow as your playing.

Just watched again. I don't think you mind straight talk: I find the montages distracting. I'm not quite sure what I want to look at and I find I'm jumping back and forth in the frame. When I should be listening to the music!

Of course, I'm just some guy out in the void somewhere :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    . I put it near the end (around 3:15) before going into a cadenza. That way I could do my own open introduction while recycling the original material.
    Shame on me for not watching the whole thing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    I hear that, and I like it! (voice from the void)

Video: it makes a big difference to me to see another actual POV instead of just zoomed in views of the same POV. It feels better. It's more interesting. I notice right away. The zoomed views are a bit flat in comparison. Which, or course, they would be due to lens compression. I wouldn't mind seeing some very different angles, with the camera at different distances.

Gotta say though, I feel like you're right at the edge of cluttering and distracting from the performance. Your playing and your personal presentation seems to ask for a level of stillness. To my way of viewing you could easily overdo it with too many montages and cuts. The video needs the same kind of flow as your playing.

Just watched again. I don't think you mind straight talk: I find the montages distracting. I'm not quite sure what I want to look at and I find I'm jumping back and forth in the frame. When I should be listening to the music!

Of course, I'm just some guy out in the void somewhere :-)
    I appreciate the video comments. I appreciate there’s going to be a range of perspectives. You can, of course, always close your eyes when you listen. I’m getting bored I suppose with just doing the same things. Mind you, I have one really truly good camera now, a Sony a7iv so when I use any of the other cams lying around for the B-roll, their poor optics and resolution really stands out poorly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    ...so when I use any of the other cams lying around for the B-roll, their poor optics and resolution really stands out.
    I kinda picked that up. The quality diff gets hidden when it's in the background of the montages. It's a good strategy. You can't do a A/B dissolve (for EG) the way I see it in my head without another A7. Maybe rent one for a weekend? And a motorized glider. And a crane, and a.... 'Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist, not a filmmaker!' :):):)

I think your videos are really solid the way they are. Far better than most I see. Great lighting, nice background, classy titles, excellent sound quality, and wonderful playing. What more can a guy ask for?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft

I think your videos are really solid the way they are. Far better than most I see. Great lighting, nice background, classy titles, excellent sound quality, and wonderful playing. What more can a guy ask for?
    what more? How about a Million seller, rather than a million in my cellar? Lol, labor of love gets expensive