The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" is a jazz standard written by composer Duke Ellington.

The song was originally entitled "Never No Lament" and was first recorded by Duke Ellington and his orchestra on May 4, 1940.
    "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" quickly became a hit after Bob Russell wrote its lyrics in 1942.

This song is dedicated for all our elders, as we honor their lives and contributions to our culture and heritage.

May we find the courage and patience to love and honor all of their being, as they continue to inspire and love us!!!

Pray for all the peoples we lost in the war in Ukraine. So many lives lost.
    Pray for Peace!!!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You know how to sing a song! That's great.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this! Great version of a great song!

User Info Menu

Needed to hear this song today. My wife and I tested positive for Covid and we 'won't be getting around much" during quarantine. Thanks for sharing! As of my post, the three Freds enjoyed your rendition of this Ellington classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Archtop
    You know how to sing a song! That's great.
    Hi Fred,
    Super compliment!
    I love it
    You are a very generous person, and I thank you!!!
    Rene

Quote Originally Posted by chasranney
    Thanks for posting this! Great version of a great song!

Hi chasranney,
    You are very welcome, and you are very much appreciated!!!
    Love your wonderful comments!
    Rene

Quote Originally Posted by FredH
    Needed to hear this song today. My wife and I tested positive for Covid and we 'won't be getting around much" during quarantine. Thanks for sharing! As of my post, the three Freds enjoyed your rendition of this Ellington classic.
    Hi Fred,
    I am hoping and praying that you and the lovely better half are coping well with the covid.
    Get well very soon, you two!!!
    Eat healthy, rest plenty, and hydrate to flush out the infection.

I am truly loving your wonderful comments, minus the covid infection.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

[QUOTE=Rene Asologuitar;1195368]"Don't Get Around Much Anymore" is a jazz standard written by composer Duke Ellington.

The song was originally entitled "Never No Lament" and was first recorded by Duke Ellington and his orchestra on May 4, 1940.
    "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" quickly became a hit after Bob Russell wrote its lyrics in 1942.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi @Alter
    Hi @Bid DaddyLoveHandles,
    Thank you so much for your support and love!!!
    With respect,
    Rebne