The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

HH song:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

"Video unavailable in your country" for me. I just want to say, I remember when this song first came out and got a lot of radio play. It was a joy to hear, and radiated a happy vibe even through tiny transistor speakers. There is a lot to be said for a happy tune!

User Info Menu

One of the first songs I learned to play in an ensemble. Very fun.

User Info Menu

I like Herbie’s funky version:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I like Herbie’s funky version:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like Steve Turre on shells. I have a CD somewhere devoted to his shell ensemble. Pharaoh Sanders blows on a track or two. Fine, fine laid-back groovin' on The Rhythm Within!

User Info Menu

Miles & Herbie..:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like Steve Turre on shells. I have a CD somewhere devoted to his shell ensemble. Pharaoh Sanders blows on a track or two. Fine, fine laid-back groovin' on The Rhythm Within!
    You are wrong and I am correcting you (sorry!). It's a chap called Bill Summers:

Head Hunters - Wikipedia

But I have seen Steve Turre blowing his conch shell solos (and trombone), he is great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    You are wrong and I am correcting you (sorry!). It's a chap called Bill Summers:

Head Hunters - Wikipedia

But I have seen Steve Turre blowing his conch shell solos (and trombone), he is great!
    Thank you! Much appreciated!