The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

At 01:05:50

This jazz waltz sounds like a cover of non-jazz song or more modern original al piece

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lovely piece. No clue! Wonderful to see Steve Swallow at work. But now I want his bass. However, I plan to stream the rest of the concert to a bigger screen.

Quote Originally Posted by rhl-ferndale
    Lovely piece. No clue! Wonderful to see Steve Swallow at work. But now I want his bass. However, I plan to stream the rest of the concert to a bigger screen.
    Steve is my favourite bass player.

And those acoustic basses with piezo he used during last years are just fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    It's a Julian tune. Day and Age? Something like that. Really nice duo dynamic. Two of the nicest human beings on the earth playing pure music. Thanks for sharing that video! So nice to see them playing in a time that seemed a lot easier to be so joyously free.
    Thanks!
    Yes, It sounds much like one of Julian's tunes in character. But I could not recognize (though I should admit I do not know his original tunes so well except a few well known like Day and Age, 40s, Gardens, Ryland... but this is none of them).

User Info Menu

It‘s not Day and Age, that’s for sure. I’m quite familiar with his catalog but I have never heard this one before - possibly a tune that didn’t make it on an album?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I found it. It is called 'For Crutter' and was recorded by Julian and Cris Eldridge

I heard it occasionally when they played together at this ... I do not know how to call it.. a concert/ a conversation/ a guitar test drive)))
    at about 14:00

And somebody in the comments asked about the tune and was given that link

Julian Lage and Chris Eldridge