The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

Lenny Breau. Hard Day's Night. 1st RCA album Guitar Sounds of Lenny Breau.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great stuff, Jake...
    Is the Transcription of Something available anyplace?
    Thanks man

User Info Menu

Yes, this and many others! Well, they're a video lessons, not exactly paper transcriptions... Anyway, email me at jake.reichbart@gmail.com for all the info. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Maybe not exactly straight ahead, but the album was made in the '60's, was well-received, with very complimentary liner notes written by George Harrison:

Chet Atkins Picks on the Beatles.

User Info Menu

In early days many did Norwegian Wood, and Grant Green has an album "I Want to Hold your Hand" and also does A Day In Your Life. Bealte have a lot of great melodies you can make into Jazz tunes.

User Info Menu

Larry Coryell has a beautiful arrangement of "She's Leaving Home" that is on you tube. Worth checking out.

User Info Menu

George Benson The Other Side of Abbey Road

Ron Eschete The Beatles

Various High Note artists The Beatles: A Jazz Tribute

Guitar Tribute to the Beatles: Come Together (Mark Whitfield, Ralph Towner, Larry Coryell, Steve Kahn, Toots Theilmann, others)

User Info Menu

I do several Beatles arrangements in my vocal/gtr and gtr/gtr duo, including:

In My Life
    I Will
    If I Fell
    Michelle
    Yesterday
    For No One

Here is my jazz waltz arrangement of "For No One" for vocal & gtr. I adapted the french horn solo to guitar so if you know the tune, you may recognize that solo.

http://home.comcast.net/~bayareajazz...erOria2006.mp3

User Info Menu

I know you said no Eleanor Rigby but...here is a clip of my teachers playing Eleanor Rigby. There are more Beatles tunes in the links to the right of the video.

User Info Menu

Remi Harris - Lady Madonna (Django-style!).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lady-Madonna/dp/B00H53U5JQ

User Info Menu

yes they wrote some great songs..that can translate into many styles..Wes Mongomery did a version of "a day in the life" and all the above mentioned artists that have played their music..

makes me wonder about all the well known players we haven't heard doing some of the beatles songs..

because the songs are so melodic..they beg to be played in different styles..ted greene did a nice version of "Hey Jude" backing a singer..

I used to play "girl" and "in my life" on a nylon .. with classical/jazz flavors..

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

awesome songs... thanks

User Info Menu

I know it's an old thread but Blackbird works real good for me... It's more of a jazz / funk rendition. A toon movie coined the name Junk... I think it fits.