The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Last edited by rpjazzguitar; 12-25-2020 at 03:26 AM. Reason: will be replaced

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lovely!

Here's another shot at it.

Increases my respect for players who can execute a chord melody perfectly.

With all this talk about gear for jazz it may be relevant that it would be hard to find anything cheaper. That's a Yamaha Pacifica 012, their cheapest guitar. It does have a Seymour Duncan Little 59. I was using that and the original middle pickup, together. The guitar has the slimmest neck of any I've played. It stays perfectly in tune. I preferred this rig to my usual Comins GCS-1, ME80 and Little Jazz for this tune. Easier to play and sounded better.

The amp is a Crate GFX15, which sold new at GC for either $79 or $99, I can't recall. The guitar was straight into the amp and recorded on the fly with my phone's mic.

User Info Menu

nice harmony ....

those pacificas are ridiculously
    great value for money
    sounds nice ...
    did you block the tremolo ?

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    nice harmony ....

those pacificas are ridiculously
    great value for money
    sounds nice ...
    did you block the tremolo ?
    It stayed in tune pretty well with the tremolo bar working, but, since I don't use it, I put in all the springs (5, I think) and screwed it down all the way. The tailpiece sits against the body. It's rigid this way, and stays in tune really well, so I didn't need to put in a block.

User Info Menu

Nice Job, RP,

I preferred #1 over #2. I also liked the dissonance (1:03#2) on both recordings. I have only one comment to consider artistically--when you play the dissonant chords, don't rush them and allow them to breathe a bit more to establish the departure from consonance. However, too much and you'll lose your pacing.
    Play live . . . Marinero

Thanks for listening!

I've been practicing the tune more than I usually practice a tune ... just trying to nail the time and get the notes to ring properly.

Humbling. It's a lot easier to play them sloppily. I'm still working on it.

Here's my latest attempt.

User Info Menu

nice..keep at it..hope you've been listening to this for some phrasing inspiration...

two masters- hartman & trane

cheers