The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    Go ahead. We're friends here, right? The C9 was something I heard at the time. I worry enough w/o censoring everything, dig?

Anyway, a lead sheet is nothing but a menu, subject to change according to what you or your co-performers hear in a live situation---or you're married to it, and that's the antithesis of creativity. It's just a snapshot of what you're feeling and hearing at the time you do it. You can use whatever of the clay you like later and chuck the rest...
    Hey joelf...yes I would like to think we're friends... we're both way to old and probable have history neither one of us can remember....

yes... lead sheets are,(with jazz players who sight read well), just a menu, (I like that).... but typically unless I've performed with someone... I try and take notation as a menu with sides.... I don't throw in what I like until I know what the comp/arr. etc... So your intro implies... well you probable know... the voicings and bass line say a lot.
    Then you throw in C9... we're on a new menu, maybe C9sus, keep the open and not define tonal implications going. Then were back with b9's and Dim. harmonic.... traditional... but man it's just really hard to still use, but the menu's old school.... so anyway.... I could make it work and all the other BS. Your a percussionist and the form and balance of shape and use of time... all very natural and as good as it gets. You know Eliane Elias, I meet here way back... Steps ahead days.... anyway her version is cool... it's a pop tune, Toots also took the solo , although i always think of Favela when ever it was called. And yea... snap shots.... Arrangements.... I'm an arranger, composer and all the other BS.... an arrangement has it's own reference... right.

Sorry to BS I see music and I can't help hearing what's on the page.... I did see some of you also in the other pop tune you posted. Thanks man...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    This is my 2nd arrangement of the beautiful song Estate'---as I perform it on guitar. (I like it better than the 1st).
    Have fun!

(Edit): I goofed and left out some changes, end of B. Today's version is corrected...
    Can't change an original file here, or add one on the OP, so...
    Attached Images Attached Images