User Info Menu

I told a friend of mine this morning "Today is Miles Davis' Birthday" and he replied "So What". I said "Exactly Right". He was confused.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And Miles is the gift that keeps on giving..

User Info Menu

big fun!

(listened to it yesterday)

honor the masters!

cheers

User Info Menu

I've loved this since the first time I heard it:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I've loved this since the first time I heard it:

Yeah! that's from the Prestige sessions with Sonny Rollins. That track (and a few others) also are special since they include Charlie Parker on tenor sax under the fake name "Charlie Chan" since he was on contract to another label. Rollins' solo on that take is one of my favorite solos (there's another slower take which is not as good)...I think I copped a couple licks from that solo a few years ago.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny
    Yeah! that's from the Prestige sessions with Sonny Rollins. That track (and a few others) also are special since they include Charlie Parker on tenor sax under the fake name "Charlie Chan" since he was on contract to another label. Rollins' solo on that take is one of my favorite solos (there's another slower take which is not as good)...I think I copped a couple licks from that solo a few years ago.
    another tune that miles stole. this time from jimmy heath who was supposed to play on that session.