The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Drop whatever you doing now, go here immediately.

how bout dat kids............................. Sarah to me is the Bird of singers.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And that, boys and girls, is exactly how it's done.

Nobody else needs to sing this song now. Wow.

User Info Menu

I’ve always loved the contrast of her spoken intro and how tiny her voice sounds while she is speaking at the beginning of this video, followed by the power of her singing.

User Info Menu

Thanks, D! It's not a cliche to say these vocalists don't exist anymore. The screeching songbirds being marshaled through our nations music programs with their cliche pacing, intonation, and glam couture or or ex-rockers turning to Jazz with a one octave range(if that) represent the death of serious Jazz music and signature vocalists. The days of Dinah Washington, Nancy Wilson, Betty Carter, Abbey Lincoln, Shirley Horn, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. are gone forever. There was a time when having "soul" meant something. The times are a changing . . . . Good playing . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Nobody else needs to sing this song now. Wow.

spot on so glad you said that i always second guess myself thinking maybe it wont hit them like it socked me. oh boy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Thanks, D! It's not a cliche to say these vocalists don't exist anymore. The screeching songbirds being marshaled through our nations music programs with their cliche pacing, intonation, and glam couture or or ex-rockers turning to Jazz with a one octave range(if that) represent the death of serious Jazz music and signature vocalists. The days of Dinah Washington, Nancy Wilson, Betty Carter, Abbey Lincoln, Shirley Horn, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. are gone forever. There was a time when having "soul" meant something. The times are a changing . . . . Good playing . . . Marinero
    Again spot on i am so excited, that people enjoyed.

Not as old as Sarah, check out Debbie Duncan she sings Bluesette oh dear

User Info Menu

Wow! Just wow. I've played with a lot of singers, and one truly gifted one. This reminds me how much I miss it.