The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

My 125 holds up pretty well among the esteemed company of its big brothers ES 300 and ES 350. You ask yourself why not everybody is jumping on the most affordable of all vintage Gibson guitars. It ain't that different from a 50s 175 ...

Anyway, I studied Ron Eschete's fantastic latin take of "Nuages" and here it is in the DB version. Gotta love those 13b9 sounds!!!!!

And that ending is toooo cool!

DB

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Veeeeeeeeeeery good !

User Info Menu

Great work!!

User Info Menu

Wonderful! Say, how do you monitor? I know you play direct, so do you have a way of hearing the electric sound of the guitar or do you just play listening to the acoustic sound?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog
    My 125 holds up pretty well among the esteemed company of its big brothers ES 300 and ES 350. You ask yourself why not everybody is jumping on the most affordable of all vintage Gibson guitars. It ain't that different from a 50s 175 ...
    Anyway, I studied Ron Eschete's fantastic latin take of "Nuages" and here it is in the DB version. Gotta love those 13b9 sounds!!!!!
    And that ending is toooo cool!
    DB
    DB, somewhere up in heaven, Django is saying, “now I see what I could have done with 4 fingers!”
    Superb. Your timing is excellent. I love your enthusiasm DB. Keep it up. It’s a breath of fresh air.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

One of the most enjoyable performances on this Forum -- thanks!

User Info Menu

Nice video production there, as well as the great playing.

Never seen so many 125s at once!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Wonderful! Say, how do you monitor? I know you play direct, so do you have a way of hearing the electric sound of the guitar or do you just play listening to the acoustic sound?
    Thanks Lawson. Playback is via my hifi system. I never play that loud so most of what I hear is the acoustic sound. I can hear the electric sound better with headphones but those look so silly on vid ...

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    DB, somewhere up in heaven, Django is saying, “now I see what I could have done with 4 fingers!”
    Superb. Your timing is excellent. I love your enthusiasm DB. Keep it up. It’s a breath of fresh air.
    Joe D
    Thanks for the kind comment Joe. Yeah, after all these years I still love to play and hold nice guitars.

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    One of the most enjoyable performances on this Forum -- thanks!
    Wow. Thanks for that Gitterbug!

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Nice video production there, as well as the great playing.

Never seen so many 125s at once!
    Thanks Graham. The effects are available in Power Director. Don't you have that now on your PC? I remember you telling me this ...

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog
    Thanks Graham. The effects are available in Power Director. Don't you have that now on your PC? I remember you telling me this ...

DB
    Yes that’s right, I haven’t really investigated all the effects yet.

User Info Menu

That was really nice! My 125 gets played frequently but not as well. lol Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Archtop
    Veeeeeeeeeeery good !
    Thanks Fred! I don't think you own a 125?

DB

User Info Menu

Very nice playing DB and thanks for always taking the time to provide us with inspiration, and a lesson too !

I had debated trying to upload that song on my ( recently new ) Campellone, but now I am sort of glad I didn't.

Take care !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    Very nice playing DB and thanks for always taking the time to provide us with inspiration, and a lesson too !

I had debated trying to upload that song on my ( recently new ) Campellone, but now I am sort of glad I didn't.

Take care !
    Thanks Dennis. Do post that clip though ... I would love to hear that guitar.

DB

User Info Menu

Very nice and tastfull! ..
    Ahh, Fingers that are connected to the brain....and not running off on their own....

User Info Menu

It sounds great as a slow solo piece too. So I played it once more, now on my number one guitar, my 1952 ES 350.

Ron reharmonized the melody in a very effective way with 13b9 sounds etc.

Bars 21 and 22 are Fm11 - A13b9 - Ebm11 - G13b9

I have been playing my own arrangement for years but this one is so much hipper sounding ...

DB

User Info Menu

That is a gem! Thank you!