The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Folks,

I found my next Song that I really fell in love with to work on as per my subject line in the key of G. As with any new song my first goal is to make sure I have the right key for me vocally and then the best chord progression for me. I generally start with Ireal Pro for my chord chart which provided me a starting point. I found another chord progression from a gypsy jazz site which I like better. I wondered if any of you out there had a chart for this song you really liked that you recommend I look at? Or maybe a YouTube version I should really listen to?

Thanks Much, Be Safe and Best Wishes!

Bill

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Bill Ward
    Or maybe a YouTube version I should really listen to?

and

and

User Info Menu

Thank you for these versions of this great song! I actually could not access the Django version here but was able to find another of his on youtube at the following link.
    I listened to all 3 versions and they were all helpful in terms of getting the chord progression I liked the slower pace of these songs too compared to some of the fast gypsy jazz versions which made it easier to hear changes and melody.

Thanks again, Be Safe and Best Wishes!

Bill

User Info Menu

Yes, that's the same Django recording in a different compilation.

User Info Menu

Freddy Taylor is one of the least recognized musicians from that era. He started as a dancer at The Cotton Club, later took trumpet lessons from Bill Coleman; he also apparently played guitar occasionally with Django Reinhardt, as well as being a vocalist with the Hot Club. A Bandleader as well, he continued to perform into the sixties.

User Info Menu

My version of the Django Blue Drag (slightly different)

sorry for the OT! Didn’t have a good version of Butt Love recorded.

User Info Menu

Tune also known as ... the musicians excuse...

User Info Menu