Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 102 of 102

User Info Menu

he great originality of a jazz forum or jazz guitar forum, is to ask questions like I have never read in the jazz magazines I have read for 50 years. One can wonder without complex about The Ultimate Jazz Instrument or the number of standards to know (as the Greats) ... What for? Learn to play or play them in a gig?

as in many areas, the problem is often in the question. Charles Kettering said "A Problem well stated is a Problem half-solved", and to paraphrase Karl Marx (about Humanity): Jazz never only poses problems it is able to solve

unless the real function of the forum is to talk talking talk... to feel good in the so called community? It's better than in the Minton's Playhouse, the public doesn't make any noise
    Last edited by Patlotch; 01-28-2020 at 04:37 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patlotch
    he great originality of a jazz forum or jazz guitar forum, is to ask questions like I have never read in the jazz magazines I have read for 50 years. One can wonder without complex about The Ultimate Jazz Instrument or the number of standards to know (as the Greats) ... What for? Learn to play or play them in a gig?

as in many areas, the problem is often in the question. Charles Kettering said "A Problem well stated is a Problem half-solved", and to paraphrase Karl Marx (about Humanity): Jazz never only poses problems it is able to solve

unless the real function of the forum is to talk talking talk... to feel good in the so called community? It's better than in the Minton's Playhouse, the public doesn't make any noise
    For me it’s a topic of conversation. What shall we talk about? There is No Greater Love.

There’s many other reasons. But the main one is that jazz for me is that art of musical conversation. It’s not how everyone views it, it’s not even perhaps a good description historically always, but it’s where it lives for me.