The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 63 of 63

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    Interestingly I am not finding this dark. The melody is going up, multiple points minor to major harmony progression it associates light coming up. The harmonies are dissonant, but dissonant does not necessary dark for me. Also some quart chords al la McCoy are shiny not dark.
    Sure, I can see that. I just find the overall mood - esp the intro - to be more introspective and darker than what I normally associate with this tune. I didn't mean to imply that it was the heaviest, darkest thing you'd ever hear :-) Just a kind of interesting take on this tune.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not the whole album perhaps, but certainly the first tune

User Info Menu

one from my favourite Jimmy Guiffre album. Not listened to this in ages. Forgotten just how good it is.
    Last edited by Matt Milton; 08-04-2020 at 08:36 AM.

User Info Menu

Maybe not introspective but certainly dark.

User Info Menu

Abbey Lincoln

User Info Menu

Gil Evans’ version of the Barbara Song from the Threepenny Opera by Weill/Brecht:

User Info Menu

And these guys did slow and introspective pretty well:

And a cover maybe better than the original (heresy!):

User Info Menu

wow, just came across this, maybe fits here, it is definitely dark and introspective compared to the original samba rendition:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    wow, just came across this, maybe fits here, it is definitely dark and introspective compared to the original samba rendition:

I like that one!

Okay, not really jazz but jazzy enough and a chance to show off a tune I wrote for singer Eva La Voix that is quite dark and introspective (played the guitar part in the recording as well, on my ES-125). With videoclip!

User Info Menu

I am not finding any of these dark and introspective, especially not the Grant Green and Dexter Gordon. Perhaps it is just me.

Looking for dark, introspective, slow tunes-addams-weather-jpg

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I don't know about dark,but these are slow and introspective. Both in major keys.

First, Some Other Time, sung by Monica Zetterlund accompanied by Bill Evans. There are lots of nice versions of this song, but this is my favourite vocal rendition.

Next, The Party's Over. Wynton Marsalis has a nice version, but the string section is a bit too much for my tastes. Most jazz versions make it bit more up tempo. Here is a slow version