The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Can't find video/audio of it, but "To Wane" from "Wes Montgomery In Paris: The Definitive ORTF Recording" is another good one.

Of course, there's always this one too:

User Info Menu

Airegin:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djg
    The video wasn't available for on my end some reason (region?) djg? Not sure if this is the same recording, but I found this one:

User Info Menu

Always loved Wes's fluid rapid fire lines, and glad to see a thread that celebrates this often overlooked weapon among the many others in his unsurpassed arsenal. Out of interest, just how quick did he get with that technique of his? I've heard some rare live recordings where he is obviously "going for it" where it sounds like he is stringing long lines of 8ths at maybe around 350 bpm. He did get a little sloppy up around there, but still exciting to listen to, like a tightrope walker teetering on the verge...

This was a GREAT idea Jonah!

Quote Originally Posted by princeplanet
    Always loved Wes's fluid rapid fire lines, and glad to see a thread that celebrates this often overlooked weapon among the many others in his unsurpassed arsenal. Out of interest, just how quick did he get with that technique of his? I've heard some rare live recordings where he is obviously "going for it" where it sounds like he is stringing long lines of 8ths at maybe around 350 bpm. He did get a little sloppy up around there, but still exciting to listen to, like a tightrope walker teetering on the verge...
    Not sure? All I know is that it's faster than I can think!

With Monk and Buddy: