The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Hi everyone!

Where can I find sheet music for Jim Hall’s calypso composition ”Bermuda Bye Bye”? Calypso and caribbean music in general are some of my favorite styles to play on jazz guitar. Does anyone know where I can find sheet music for this composition?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do we have some Jim Hall fans out there?

User Info Menu

Never heard that one. Is it a contrafact of "Jamaica Farewell"?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Lovely tune.

I have the Jim Hall Exploring Jazz Guitar book, which Jim Hall generously gave to me along with most of his CDs . Just checked the song is not in there.

User Info Menu

I like that tune. I could try and at least figure out the chords if you give me a few days. Got a busy week, but I'd like to play this one too.

Great album too. And Big Blues. Jim and Art Farmer were so good together.

User Info Menu

I found this live version of ”Bermuda Bye Bye” today.

User Info Menu

Hello , it seems possible to find it here :
    transcription – Richard Maxwell Music

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cano
    Hello , it seems possible to find it here :
    transcription – Richard Maxwell Music
    Thank you so much, cano!

User Info Menu

And shit, I was learning it by ear.

Oh well. This is better.

User Info Menu

It doesn't sound like it would be too hard to earball it. In fact I kind of dig it and I think I am going to listen to it about a hundred times and work out my own vibe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by geogio
    It doesn't sound like it would be too hard to earball it. In fact I kind of dig it and I think I am going to listen to it about a hundred times and work out my own vibe.
    Nah, heads pretty easy. Jim does some really cool chordal stuff in the solo.

I'm gonna finish my transcription anyway, and post a video. I cant figure out how to access the transcription at that guy's site anyway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Nah, heads pretty easy. Jim does some really cool chordal stuff in the solo.

I'm gonna finish my transcription anyway, and post a video. I cant figure out how to access the transcription at that guy's site anyway.
    Thanks, Jeff! I look forward to both see your transcription and video.

By the way, a question striked me today when I listened to the original recording. Does Hall play a nylon-strunged guitar or is it his ES-175/D’Aquisto recorded acoustically? I’m not sure at all. It actually reminds me a bit of the ”Virtuoso” sound with Joe Pass.
    Last edited by Bbmaj7#5#9; 09-29-2019 at 02:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    cant figure out how to access the transcription at that guy's site anyway.
    Quick glance.... looks like a student access site.

It sure is a happy tune.