The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Curious if anyone has links to interesting jazz versions other than Benson's interpretation ( I'm not a fan) . I'm on a Leon kick and love this tune !!!!

Will

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Metheny, Brecker.

(The whole concept is a disaster, the mood is gone like a train, not talking about the groove. Although Brecker is great, he could not save the thing)

User Info Menu

When I was in the jazz band in college, I wrote a Basic-style version for the band, starting off with a piano improv on the theme, that we played at a few concerts. The tune lended itself quite well to a swing treatment.

User Info Menu

a disaster..??

If I was in a band with Metheny and Brecker and someone asked how was playing with them -- no matter the tunes..a disaster would not be my choice of words

User Info Menu

I dig how sousaphone enhances the groove.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    Metheny, Brecker.

(The whole concept is a disaster, the mood is gone like a train, not talking about the groove. Although Brecker is great, he could not save the thing)

I'll dig a deeper hole here - I'm not a fan of Metheny either so was underwhelmed . Brecker and Esbjorn Svensson on piano were a lot closer to what I was hoping to hear in terms of ideas of where to go with the tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    I dig how sousaphone enhances the groove.

I just cant pull off a marching band style uniform . Too much beer belly/shaved head and handlebar moustache on my side)

Will
    Last edited by WillMbCdn5; 09-11-2019 at 07:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Gene Harris Quartet with Jim Mullen on guitar:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bonnerj
    Gene Harris Quartet with Jim Mullen on guitar:

Ah!!! I love Jim Mullen !!!!!! Thanks for that , right in my currently blues drenched wheelhouse - Will

User Info Menu

Gene Harris with Ron Eschete - Yike -

Will

User Info Menu

I don't have a link but here's my chart I learned the song from years ago, hope it helps. I saw Leon in concert a couple of times, always a really good show!
    Attached Images Attached Images