The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Django's "After you're gone" Nobody mentioned fusion... DeMiola on Elegant Gypsy "Race with devilon"or... Larry Carlton's "Room 335"
    That’s the best distortion tone I’ve ever heard in my life. I read somewhere that Carlton used a Gibson 335 (what else?), a MXR Dyna Comp compressor and an early Mesa Boogie amp to create that incredible tone. Really nice!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dennis Budimir "East of the Sun and West of the Moon" from album "Sprung Free" Revelation Records

Gabor Szabo "My Foolish Heart" on album "Spellbinder" Impulse

Most fun jazz guitar album..Howard Roberts "Color Him Funky" Capitol Records

and a zillion others

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I'd have to go with "Smokin' At The Half Note" too. "No Blues" is my favorite guitar solo, period.
    I can’t pick one! My favorite three jazz guitar solos are Wes on “If You Could See me Know,” “Born to be Blue,” and “No Blues.” “No Blues” is incredible.

Because Wes occupies the top three spots, I want to mention my fourth favorite jazz guitar solo: Mike Stern playing “Equinox,” 1 January 1992, at 55 Christopher St.

My Favorite jazz LP is Larry Young’s “Unity.” It’s got a young and imperious, Woody Shaw (who composed three of the LP’s tunes), the amazing Joe Henderson, and the always incredible Elvin Jones. Oh, and did I mention Larry Young?