Likes Likes:  0

User Info Menu

Hello,

I'de like to find a simple songbook with chords diagram at the top and the lyrics with the changing chord above the words.

This type of book is very common for pop songs but i have difficulty to find for Jazz standard.

The famous fakebooks usually don't have lyrics and don't have chords diagrams.

I am more of a singer and just want to play along with good sounding jazz chords

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The closest you are likely to come to that is the Ultimate Jazz Fake Book by Hal Leonard, but I think it has chord names, not diagrams.
    The Ultimate Jazz Fake Book - C Edition | Hal Leonard Online
    There may be some self-published books that have lyrics and diagrams, but more likely than not they’d be amateurish, with errors or poor chord voicings.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen one, but I think the Hal Leonard book has fairly basic chord progressions without a lot of jazzed up substitutions or extensions, so if you learn the basic four-note chord forms they shouldn’t be too difficult to play.

Thanks for the answer.
    I have buy the real vocal book and the pocket guitar chord dictionnary both by Hal Leonard
    The real vocal book is good with lyrics and chords but i feel that sometimes there's mistakes or maybe that the specific version that i'm taking inspiration from is a bit different in term of chord progression.