Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread

Help "I'm Coming Back Just To Give You My Love"....(but not Laylah Hathaway)

I have a question and it's answer (or lack there of) is bothering me worse than an earwig. Please help if you can.

In the 90's, Laylah Hathaway had an amazing hit "I'm Coming Back", writing credit given to Gary Anthony Taylor but......

.....during my college years (1977-1981), I swear there was an instrumental version of this song/melody that played on jazz radio/college radio (I was at Hampton University, WHOV 88.1) and I have vague memories of Ronnie Laws or someone in the Laws family performing this. I'm certain that someone did this song way before Laylah Hathaway even came on the scene but I can't find info on this on the internet anywhere. Does anyone know who else performed this as an instrumental or even this melody with a different title? I am stumped and it's driving me nuts. The kind of thing that happens to us as we find ourselves making a rapid exit from our 50's. Any help would be appreciated
    "Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play.......All You Do Is Choose" Stanley Clarke from the 1976 LP, School Days

www.soundclick.com/musicallymrm

....and if you've never heard the song

here's a link to Laylah's version:

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play.......All You Do Is Choose" Stanley Clarke from the 1976 LP, School Days

www.soundclick.com/musicallymrm

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed