The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

Great vibe here, and Ella's singing is incomparable.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Both jazz orchestras I play in prepare Christmas based programs that total about 6 or 7 performances every holiday season, so there's no escaping personal involvement in playing Christmas music every year.

Interestingly, the guitar parts are slightly more challenging to read and execute than your average big band charts, so there's always a bit of woodshedding to do...and then they don't get played again for another year.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here's one I did a few years ago....

User Info Menu

I miss singing this with a choir at Christmas concerts.

User Info Menu

BBC Radio 4 just ran a half hour broadcast on Joni's "River", reflecting on how deeply some are engaged with what must be one of the most moving of (anti-) Christmas songs.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newsense

BBC Radio 4 just ran a half hour broadcast on Joni's "River", reflecting on how deeply some are engaged with what must be one of the most moving of (anti-) Christmas songs.
    That's from 'Blue', isn't it?

Really nothing to do with Christmas per se, of course, it's about Joni feeling gloomily self-reflective as usual, which she's perfectly prone to do most of the time (it's not an 'anti-Christmas' song!) but 'Blue' is definitely one of the best albums ever made, no question.

User Info Menu

I don't go for happy jingly tunes, just not my thing. I like tunes like Silent Night and Bleak Midwinter. But if I have one favorite Christmas song it would be Blue Christmas, preferably sung by me, because I enjoy it.

I know, I'm just a prole :-)

User Info Menu

I've been singing "Jingle Bells" this week. Googled the title to see what came up and found this, an instrumental versionn based on "Dueling Banjos" that morphs into "Jingle Bells." I had to listen...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

(I don't know why this song is called "Run, Rudoplh, Run" when the refrain is "Run, Run Rudolph."

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Diana Krall featuring Anthony Wilson on guitar