The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 42

User Info Menu

Your favorite ones to hear, ones you're learning, the ones that drive you nuts, whatever.... (Need not be guitar versions, but that's certainly appropriate.)

Here's Joe Pass doing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" from his "Six String Santa" album.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Doug Munro, with a few very special guests, doing the same tune.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

After hear this I thought it was very touching as Eric can do.
    ERIC CLAPTON HAPPY XMAS ALBUM - YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I always liked Tony Mottola's arrangements of Christmas songs like "I'll Be Home For Christmas, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, and of course The Christmas Song".

Nice lush chords and sparkling single note runs!

User Info Menu

When ive heard it for the first time i didn't know it's considered a Christmas song, but I thought it's one of the best love tunes!

Still love it, especially this version.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This is by far my favourite Christmas song, it's also a great antidote to the overdose of sugar-coated, insincere crap and exploitative advertising that the tv channels will be foisting on to us for the next few weeks. I like Christmas though - whether you're religious or not, a midwinter festival can be a great pick-me-up during a freezing winter, plus kids are fun little folks to have around, and it's good to see them getting all excited and such. My choice of favourite song for the season though is not one for the kids, and it's also a well-constructed and quite moving piece of music.

User Info Menu

This is by far my favourite Christmas song, it's also a great antidote to the overdose of sugar-coated, insincere crap and exploitative advertising that the tv channels will be foisting on to us for the next few weeks. I like Christmas though - whether you're religious or not, a midwinter festival can be a great pick-me-up during a freezing winter, plus kids are fun little folks to have around, and it's good to see them getting all excited and such. My choice of favourite song for the season though is not one for the kids, and it's also a well-constructed and quite moving piece of music.
    )))

And modern Christmas - especially in some countries - do not seem to have much related with Christ and its birth: elfs, dwarfs, Santa Claus....
    I wonder when it all began.

User Info Menu

I find myself singing this while making my morning coffee lately. I think it's a nifty tune.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

From an episode of the TV show "Sanford & Son."

User Info Menu

Sun Ra at Christmas.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I find myself singing this while making my morning coffee lately. I think it's a nifty tune.

Yes, this song is definitely addictive! Last year while preparing for the office Christmas luncheon I played this song over and over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I bought this LP back in the day way before the internet and paid a pretty penny for it, organist Don Patterson's "Holiday Soul" w Pat Martino and Billy James drums (one of the finest working B3 trios ever)

And I never regretted the purchase, not only my favorite Christmas lp, but possibly my favorite organ trio lp, and I've about heard 'em all, well, most..

User Info Menu

Here's a link to the whole lp, super greasy organ trio goodness...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Joel Paterson, from Chicago, is the man. Check out his Christmas record, “Hi Fi Christmas Guitar “.

User Info Menu

Why not play one.Christmas_Time_Is_Here.pdf

User Info Menu

It's always a dream to be swaying in a hammock under palm trees during this time of year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Joel Paterson, from Chicago, is the man. Check out his Christmas record, “Hi Fi Christmas Guitar “.

That's great, my kind of thing!

And of of course it reminded me, the mighty Brian Setzer, always gets you in proper Christmas spirit

User Info Menu

User Info Menu