The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

And Ray Charles.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Joe Tex and Bobby Womack both did CnW albums. The soul hit for Melba Moore, Misty Blue, was written with a Country
    artist in mind maybe someone like Charlie Rich. And it was in fact recorded by more than one but it didn't do anything.
    Let's Just Kiss and Say Goodbye was written by the Manhattens with the intention of pitching it to a similar country singer but their producer heard it and said that it would be perfect for them and that they should cut it. He was right.

And this Willie Nelson tune was recorded by several soul artists but this could be the best.

User Info Menu

Speaking of Jimmie Rodgers, this isn't my favorite vocal version of this but there's so little video of him that I'm grateful for it. (I've heard my mother sing this all my life.)

(This was the only song I ever heard my dad play on my guitar.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Speaking of Jimmie Rodgers, this isn't my favorite vocal version of this but there's so little video of him that I'm grateful for it. (I've heard my mother sing this all my life.)

(This was the only song I ever heard my dad play on my guitar.)
    They sho' don't make 'em like that anymore! Great train whistle!

I'm always fascinated by Jimmy Rodgers' phrasing and fill-ins. I'm not being analytical but you do notice. They can be any length. Doc Watson did quite a few of his and copied the uneven bars, I suppose to make it sound authentic. Did your dad manage that?

User Info Menu

Peter Bernstein "Bones"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk