The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW400
    Ronen, are are you asking Matt or me to breakdown the the lick? If It's the lick I posted, I tried to use the key notes from each melodic minor scale you mention in your original post. The exception is the Ebmi where I use just the Eb melodic minor to a Db lydian.
    I asked you but I managed to find it within the paper you attached.
    Thanks this is realy helpful

Ronen

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Check this transcription. All the answers are in the discografy....

Blue Bossa as played by Joe Pass

User Info Menu

On a minor song I find the George Russell concept: Lydian on the tonic (in this case the relative major tonic: Eb Lydian) to be a happy hunting grounds for ideas.

For instance Herbie Mann's (actually Mel Torme's) "Comin' Home Bay," in Gm, I find the Bb lydian useful. And with some additional notes like say, a C#, gets an Arabic sounding "Caravan-ish" flavor in there.

Most times on a ii-V-I, on the V I'm thinking of a diminished idea.

User Info Menu

Hi harpwood_gr,

Could you please make a pdf of the Joe Pass transcription like you did with the Summertime/Wes transcription. The images here also ended up very small. Thanks, great work.

User Info Menu

Sure!!!

I post it here again in PDF format

I'll never attach a pic again... only PDFs

User Info Menu

Thanks harpwood_gr. What album is the Joe Pass transcription from?

User Info Menu

ARGH, I had a long post and when I hit post, I was logged out.
    Boils down to, play with chords in mind, make it sound as if you are telling the chords what to do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
    ARGH, I had a long post and when I hit post, I was logged out.
    Boils down to, play with chords in mind, make it sound as if you are telling the chords what to do.
    Joe, you don't lose the post when you get logged out. When you get the log in screen, just log in again and you post will then automatically get appended to the thread. Don't backpage, though, or you really can lose your post.

User Info Menu

Should have known that earlier :P Oh well plenty of advice has been given already.

User Info Menu

many transcriptions by many greats on the net...you just have to take time from your instrument to find them..as many of you may know....

just type in "jazz guitar transcriptions" in your browser window and go for it...some are hand written and some are professionally done...it takes time..I have a list of sites that I may have to put up one of these times but not all at once...

time on the instrument..pierre