The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 57 of 57

User Info Menu

I'll do my version of Dylan's 'Simple twist of fate' one day. I love the lyrics and the way the words compliment the line of chords.
    That one I'd certainly enjoy doing.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Skei, Simple Twist of Fate, cool. I do a chord melody version of Just Like a Woman that works real well as well as Lay Lady Lay. Also do a version of Don't Think Twice It's Alright that is borderline Country Swing. Dylan tunes were never meant to be played as Jazz, and so I love subverting them and twisting them to fit into a Jazz context.

User Info Menu

i do a hendrix medley...foxy lady...hey joe...manic depression...bold as love...

being all blues based they are easy to jazz up..and still bring the jimi flavor out without setting the stage on fire..works fine on a les paul with a tad of crunch from the amp..fun...

play well

wolf

User Info Menu

Last week I did a Bossa Nova version of Runaway by Del Shannon. The crowd loved it. They turned their hearing aids up for that one. I volunteer to play music at a local nursing home twice a week.

User Info Menu

Has anyone listened to Brad Mehldau's version of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun? A whopping 23 & a half minutes long. Killer interpretation. I just recently heard it & I thought of this thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star
    Has anyone listened to Brad Mehldau's version of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun? A whopping 23 & a half minutes long. Killer interpretation. I just recently heard it & I thought of this thread.
    Yeah, I heard it and was a bit turned off and didn't make it the whole way through. I was so used to his brilliant interperatations of Radiohead and arcain show tunes that ust the thought of him playing that made me cring. No disrespect, "Black Hole Sun" is okay, but the harmony has always felt uneasy for me.

User Info Menu

wHat about Enya or this: