Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

I’ve got to admit I was bored this morning so I pulled up this drumgenius app for a little play along. After a few minutes I got settled in with the idea of shifting in and out of playing in lockstep rhythm and going full time-float over the beat In real life, the drummers I enjoy working with will shift with me into the float zone, so this was interesting and different. Not sure if anyone will actually listen to the full 10 minutes of this, but I’d recommend the app highly for the occasional change of pace.
    Last edited by Mark Kleinhaut; 05-03-2021 at 03:54 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

DaShigsta Guest
    Fantastic app !

User Info Menu

I've heard great things about this . Thanks for the reminder

User Info Menu

Bloody love it

User Info Menu

Great...
    How to get Drum Genius for PC?
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Great...
    How to get Drum Genius for PC?
    Best
    Kris
    I always thought it was just an app for your iPhone, but Google drumgenius for PC and there appears to be some download links. Let us know if that works out.

User Info Menu

You first need to install an android emulator program on your PC, that is basically what those links are about.

I don’t know anything about them however, I’ve never used one (I run Drumgenius on my iPad).

User Info Menu

Thanks...I will try:-)

User Info Menu

Yea... cool mark. Sounded great. keeps you on your toes LOL. That's a pretty hot tempo. I use on phone and have for a while. Great for showing drummers at gigs...a feel that would take to much notation or words to get right.
    What pattern was that... from Fast Swing. I have an old version, I didn't recognize groove.
    Alway dig your posts... thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    Yea... cool mark. Sounded great. keeps you on your toes LOL. That's a pretty hot tempo. I use on phone and have for a while. Great for showing drummers at gigs...a feel that would take to much notation or words to get right.
    What pattern was that... from Fast Swing. I have an old version, I didn't recognize groove.
    Alway dig your posts... thanks
    Thanks! It’s fast swing#4 “contemporary funky/afro-cuban flavor” Julio Barreto

User Info Menu

Ahhh, thanks Mark. (my Clave was switch on, missed it). Great feel

User Info Menu

I use drumgenius (lately, not exclusively) to work on funk rhythms. Today I picked the "Sex Machine" beat at 108 and set a timer for 15 minutes and the only rule was, "don't stop playing."

Great for endurance. Messy at times but also invites creativity. Constant 16th note strumming is my daily bread now. I've been working hard at it. I thought I would be better at it sooner, but life is full of surprises. Show up every day, work at it, gradually get better.

Great app.
    It's always a quick way to audition a variety of feels for a new piece.

User Info Menu

I like listening to all the cool Afro/Cuban/Brazilian/Caribbean/World rhythms, I had never heard of some of them.