Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    For my sister Anita who passed away on february 15 last. And to all that grieve ... The beautiful tune by Herb Ellis.


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    So sorry for your loss.
    I lost my sister two years ago. Still a void.

    Love this Herb Ellis tune.
    Great playing!

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    So sorry for your loss.
    I lost my sister two years ago. Still a void.

    Love this Herb Ellis tune.
    Great playing!
    Thanks Mark. It hurts losing a sister. Still struggling with it.

    DB

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Beautiful tribute!

    I literally could not get through it, looking at your sister's photo and considering your grief and my own losses.

    I may try again at a later date. Beautiful interpretation...

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    What a heartfelt rendition - emotion dropping out of each and every single note you play...

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Beautiful tribute Dick. Totally got me about halfway through...

    Hopefully making music can help a little bit.

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    My condolences for your loss. Very beautifully played, the love comes through..

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Beautiful tribute.

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    Beautifully done, DB. Art is a good way to process loss. May the good memories of you sister guide and sustain you.

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    She must have been a very life-giving person for her death to have inspired such moving and beautiful playing from you. The work of grief is hard, but it can also be a kind of good work. You are doing the good work here.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    She must have been a very life-giving person for her death to have inspired such moving and beautiful playing from you. The work of grief is hard, but it can also be a kind of good work. You are doing the good work here.
    She was a very kind soul. I was thinking about her with every note. This is the least I can do for her. And the sharing helps me somehow. I was with her during her last hours on this planet. I talked to her at the hospital but she was no longer conscious. I hope she still heard me. She died just an hour after I left the hospital. If only I had known, I'd have stayed of course ... But sometimes people prefer to go alone, some people told me. Maybe she wanted it that way.

    It was heartbreaking to see my mum (88) in her wheelchair at her grave.

    Apart from the personal loss, it's the falling away of a common past that is so final ...

    DB

    Detour Ahead-anita-en-dick-jpg

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    She was a very kind soul. I was thinking about her with every note. This is the least I can do for her. And the sharing helps me somehow. I was with her during her last hours on this planet. I talked to her at the hospital but she was no longer conscious. I hope she still heard me. She died just an hour after I left the hospital. If only I had known, I'd have stayed of course ... But sometimes people prefer to go alone, some people told me. Maybe she wanted it that way.

    It was heartbreaking to see my mum (88) in her wheelchair at her grave.

    Apart from the personal loss, it's the falling away of a common past that is so final ...

    DB

    Detour Ahead-anita-en-dick-jpg
    With you there to tell her stories, the loss will somehow seem lessened. I think you are right about some people wanting to die alone, to have that final moment of privacy. You had been there right up to that moment, so she was ready for the last step. I think deaths hit us harder as we move into/through our 60's. Perhaps we see a bit of our own coming departure in each death we witness. It focuses us on what we are really living for, what we want to leave behind. That is a good thing.

  14. #13
    Thanks so much for the words of comfort. All of you.

    DB

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    beautifully played tribute DB!
    rip Anita....

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Beautiful rendition of a beautiful song. My sympathies...

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Hey Dutch... ouch..

    My heart goes out to you and your family. Life can be a road trip with detours.
    Love your tribute... Thank you for sharing, one of my sisters is on that terminal cancer detour.

    Again... best to you and your family....Reg

  18. #17

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Thanks Mark. It hurts losing a sister. Still struggling with it.

    DB
    Yesterday was my sister's birthday. Would have been... Her youngest son posted some pictures of her online and one was when she was about
    20, "my big sister" and God the waves, the waves. But DB, it does get better. It doesn't go away but it recedes and you have so much good stuff to remember.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    Hey Dutch... ouch..

    My heart goes out to you and your family. Life can be a road trip with detours.
    Love your tribute... Thank you for sharing, one of my sisters is on that terminal cancer detour.

    Again... best to you and your family....Reg
    Thanks.

    I am sorry to hear that Reg. Best to you and your sister in these trying times. Courage.

    DB

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Yesterday was my sister's birthday. Would have been... Her youngest son posted some pictures of her online and one was when she was about
    20, "my big sister" and God the waves, the waves. But DB, it does get better. It doesn't go away but it recedes and you have so much good stuff to remember.
    Thanks again for the kind words Mark.

    DB