1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Part of a series of unrehearsed and improvised sessions/concerts that I organised, performed and recorded at the Oliver's Jazz Bar in Greenwich (London, UK).
    In this session I am joined by:
    Jonathan Chung (Sax)
    Luke Fowler (doublebass)
    Corrie Dick (Drums)

    Enjoy the full concert


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by onemuso
    Part of a series of unrehearsed and improvised sessions/concerts that I organised, performed and recorded at the Oliver's Jazz Bar in Greenwich (London, UK).
    In this session I am joined by:
    Jonathan Chung (Sax)
    Luke Fowler (doublebass)
    Corrie Dick (Drums)

    Enjoy the full concert

    thanks for posting! I need to come back to this with some good headphones.

  4. #3
    Here is the 3rd "Oliver's Session" that I performed, recorded and mixed at the Oliver's Jazz Bar in Greenwhich ( London, UK). In this session I am joined by Riley Stone-Lonergan (Sax) Luke Fowler (Doublebass) and Gaetano Di Giacomo (Drums)
    Enjoy

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Hi, O,
    Live music! Wow! A few comments: 1) I enjoyed Chung's breathy tenor sound in "Days of Wine and Roses." Very Old School(Webster, Hawkins, Quebec, Ammons, Lockjaw Davis, etc.). However, he sounded like a completely different player stylistically for the rest of the set. Riley's tenor was right out of Coltrane's back pocket. Strong player and according to his Bio, an early talent. Finally, I enjoyed your excellent comping/solos but I get turned off with the pedal effects which I find annoying. However, that's more about taste than musicianship. Very nice group. Nice job!
    Play live . . . Marinero

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, O,
    Live music! Wow! A few comments: 1) I enjoyed Chung's breathy tenor sound in "Days of Wine and Roses." Very Old School(Webster, Hawkins, Quebec, Ammons, Lockjaw Davis, etc.). However, he sounded like a completely different player stylistically for the rest of the set. Riley's tenor was right out of Coltrane's back pocket. Strong player and according to his Bio, an early talent. Finally, I enjoyed your excellent comping/solos but I get turned off with the pedal effects which I find annoying. However, that's more about taste than musicianship. Very nice group. Nice job!
    Play live . . . Marinero
    Thank you Marinero, every comment is very appreciated. Both Jonathan and Riley are really good and really fun to play with. Personally I don't mind taking risks when playing so I try stuff and I am still experimenting with the pedals. I am building them so I am trying, as I go, to see what I can get out of them as these sessions give me the chance to then listen back and evaluate what to keep and what to change but I have yet to find (expecially when it comes to distortions) what I got in my head ( one day

  7. #6
    Here is the second session from the "oliver's sessions" I organised, recorded and mixed. Here I am joined by Gianluca Corona (Guitar), Luke Folwer (Doublebass) and Corrie Dick (drums). I hope you will enjoy it and I look forward to your thoughts


  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Hi, F,
    So, you want some honest feedback . . . here it goes. Firstly, you and G are consummate musicians. That's for the record. Here's some specific remarks:
    1.) loved your guitaristic ending at 10:48-10:53. Very subtle and effective.
    2.) were you creating electronic pedal tones a la organ with your comping at 17:02-17:46?
    3.) Black Orpheus 34:10 and No More Blues 1:18/25 had a nice feel and brought me back to a time when I used to hang
    out at a little beach cabana in the 70's in Zihuatanejo, Mexico before the big hotel circus invaded this lovely area and
    destroyed it forever. You both have a natural feel for these tunes. I'd love to hear those songs played acoustically.
    4.) Again: skip the pedals. They add nothing to your playing.
    Play live . . . Marinero

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, F,
    So, you want some honest feedback . . . here it goes. Firstly, you and G are consummate musicians. That's for the record. Here's some specific remarks:
    1.) loved your guitaristic ending at 10:48-10:53. Very subtle and effective.
    2.) were you creating electronic pedal tones a la organ with your comping at 17:02-17:46?
    3.) Black Orpheus 34:10 and No More Blues 1:18/25 had a nice feel and brought me back to a time when I used to hang
    out at a little beach cabana in the 70's in Zihuatanejo, Mexico before the big hotel circus invaded this lovely area and
    destroyed it forever. You both have a natural feel for these tunes. I'd love to hear those songs played acoustically.
    4.) Again: skip the pedals. They add nothing to your playing.
    Play live . . . Marinero
    Ciao Marinero
    thank you for your feedback. Of course I love honest feedback. Thank you for the nice words....they are not exaclty organ tones but I like volume sweels, combined with effects, when comping (when the harmony allows enough space for them that is) and that is also something I am experimenting with. Indeed the pedals experiment is not being exacly successful (even from my point of view) at least with regards to lead sounds but I am still looking for something that can sustain the sound of the guitar (similar to what a brass can do) but I don't want to resort to guitar synth....eventually one day I'll find a solution. In the meanwhile I am glad you are enjoying the music. Regarding the latin tunes I guess that being latin ourself (italians) does help in capturing that kind of feel.
    Thank you again for taking the time to listen

  10. #9
    Here I am joined by the wonderful Tara Minton on harp for a session I really enjoyed putting together