User Info Menu

Just back from my longest break from the guitar since I started playing (due to circumstances outside my control - non-covid related thank god).
    Anyway tried playing a few old tunes that I know but felt stale. The solution? Learn a new scale So I spend a morning with the double harmonic major scale (major with b2 and b6) and wrote this short piece. My wife said that sounds like trouble so I called it that. I hope that you enjoy it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That looked and sounded like fun! But "Trouble" will probably garner more attention. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    That looked and sounded like fun! But "Trouble" will probably garner more attention. Thoroughly enjoyable!
    Thank you so much. Really appreciated!!
    Last edited by Liarspoker; 03-11-2021 at 07:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice Metallica vibe to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    Nice Metallica vibe to it!
    Thank you! The b2 and b6 help

User Info Menu

That's the devil's music, boy.

I really enjoyed that! Great way to acknowledge the spring: making music again.
    I like the title, thank your wife. But now you've got another tune stuck in my head...

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    That's the devil's music, boy.
    It would be with the b3 but you're right, it's a very interesting sound for a major scale

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    I really enjoyed that! Great way to acknowledge the spring: making music again.
    I like the title, thank your wife. But now you've got another tune stuck in my head...
    Never heard that song before but that sheep